What is necessary to become a DC Associate/Warehouse Worker?
- Being at least 18 years of age
- Having a High school diploma or general education degree (GED)/Home School equivalency
- Being eligible to work in the United States
- Being able to work on various shifts, as well as overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Use basic math accurately: add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Having prior warehouse training or experience is preferred but not required
What are the primary responsibilities?
- Marks pallets with identifying store information.
- Uses the computer / RF scanner to enter records.
- Uses equipment (pallet jack, forklift, etc.)
- Uses voice picking system
- Keeps work area neat, clean and hazard free.
- Will be required to use a hand-held radio frequency device (R.F. Unit)
- Consistent, reliable attendance
- Other related duties as assigned.
What are the physical demands of the job?
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member:
- Is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach with arms, talk and hear,
- Is frequently required to stop, kneel and crouch,
- Is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance, and
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
What is the work environment like?
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member:
- Is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, and
- Is occasionally exposed to high places, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually high (loud)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Forklift Truck
- Radio Frequency
- Mobile Devices