Associate Software Developer
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline is seeking Associate Software Developers to join our Technology team.
Come visit one of our Open Houses! Visit uline.jobs for details. Our Tech
Talk to us about this position and learn all about our spectacular growth, generous benefits and awesome people!
We took great care to ensure our technology stack is a blend of the latest, proven technologies that are robust enough to withstand the test of time and nimble enough to evolve alongside our growing business. Programming frameworks built on .Net and Java are our cornerstone with Angular 2 for our new front end. Supporting systems like Elastic, Git, Consul, Hibernate, Cassandra and Ansible, just to name a few, are also heavily used.Position Responsibilities
- Design, develop, implement, support and maintain applications based on business requirements, using approved technologies and coding standards.
- Create and maintain user interface patterns and standard library.
- Apply object-oriented principles when implementing solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software-related issues.
- Maintain code quality through unit testing.
- Document code appropriately for maintainability.
- Communicate with business analysts to gather accurate specifications for new enhancements and applications. Translate requirements into functional code.
- Collaborate with team members on projects.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
- Educational experience in .Net or Java and SQL programming.
- Understanding of object-oriented and relational database design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Available for possible travel to Uline's domestic and international branches.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company whose incredible service, huge inventory and quality products fuel our ongoing expansion and growth. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Uline family.Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship.
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Java (Programming Language)
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Front End (Software Engineering)