Location: Beaumont, TX
This company is looking for a creative thinker who doesn’t mind sharing his or her ideas and implementing new strategies to benefit the business. If you’re a hard worker with excellent personal managerial skills and superior time management skills, we want to talk to you. We offer a competitive salary, a high-energy work environment, excellent benefits and the opportunity to build your resume.
This company is a family owned business that operates worldwide with approx. 200 people and has its headquarters in Schio (VI) near Venice, in Italy. Founded in 1967 it organically grew to the position of a leading company in the material handling / packaging industry. The company operates in Europe as well as in the US. The US operation has a staff of 30, is fully owned by the company but operates independently. The operation includes engineering, purchasing, production, sales, service etc. We develop and market material handling systems featuring gantry and articulated arm robotics as well as self-guided vehicles.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for specification, design, execution and documentation of the electrical component of various material handling systems projects. Will generate design schemes, circuit/wiring diagrams and general arrangement layouts, including the generation of fabrication and production details and bill of materials parts lists.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the activities as mentioned below:
- Plan and design electrical systems for material handling systems including but not limited to robotic palletizing and conveying systems.
- Electrical design and specification of control systems, system layouts, load calculations, equipment sizing and selection, performing calculations for system controls for assigned projects.
- Responsible for all electrical engineering tasks related to designing and order material handling electrical controls systems
- Design electrical and control systems to industry standards
- Create electrical schematics, control system diagrams, and electrical panel design and interconnects for custom material handling systems
- Size and select components such as PLCs, VFDs, motors and related electrical components
- Support the quoting team by giving input on concepts, hours, and material costs.
- Create engineering bills of materials in company ERP system
- Detailing electrical equipment reliability strategies and design equipment maintenance procedures
- Troubleshoot wiring and circuits
- Readable and comprehensive schematics
- Panel building
- Machine Wiring
- Supporting department by performing/coordinating electrical design and development of new equipment installations and the modification of existing electrical equipment consistent with industry standards
- Preparing engineering work scopes and cost estimates
- Review and interpret customers’ project specifications.
- Define scope of work and description of operation.
- Calculate equipment performance requirements and capabilities.
- Create test documents.
- Create as-built documentation.
- Manage budget, schedule, and scope of design.
- Ensure that the system design conforms to intended level of function, durability, and cost, with focus on deliverables.
- Identify and raise any issues that may impact project quality, scope, timing, or cost.
- Design and implement system HMI.
- Recommend and implement product and process improvement.
- Work cross functionally with all departments during all phases of the project including de-bug and runoff.
Skills and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Master’s a plus
- 3-5 years of working and relevant industrial experience in controls and automation engineering.
- EIT a plus
- Experience with PLC programming a plus
- Proficient in CAD; AutoCAD Electrical a plus
- Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code, NEMA, and IEEE standards
- Familiarity with customer and industry electrical codes and standards in relation to material handling equipment
- Working knowledge of NSC and NFPA 70E
- Efficient organizational and administrative skills with strong attention to detail
- Self-starter that requires little direction to get moving on a project
- Experience designing projects from conceptual design to completion
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Epicor ERP knowledge a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and some experience working with Clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office – MS Word, Excel
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time as needed
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
National Electrical Codes