To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3900 South Las Vegas Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Hotel Operations Manager - Front Desk (Luxor)
MGM Resorts International • Las Vegas, NV
Posted 5 days ago
Hotel - Resort
Hospitality - Hotel
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Provides input into and executes strategic plan consistent with the strategic vision of the division and Property.
- Provides input and direction in the development and monitoring of fiscal budgets, division operations and marketing strategies to produce both short term and long-term profitability for Property.
- Provides input into and executes the development, implementation, and measurement of guest service standards within assigned department(s) consistent with the company's core service standards and brand attributes.
- Participates in the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure Property's competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality/gaming environment.
- Directs Human Resources responsibilities for assigned shift for all Hotel department(s) to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company's diversity commitment; adherence to the company's status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
- Manages Front Desk activities to ensure quality delivery of product and service on their shift and overall. Communicates daily with Room Reservations and VIP Services, ensuring VIP and group customer information is accurate and shared with Front Desk staff.
- Ensures the proper scheduling of employees and adjusts staffing levels when necessary. Closely monitors customer flow to ensure the capacity is adequate to meet guest volume.
- Foster an open environment that encourages growth and development through personal involvement, coaching and counseling.
- Ensure pre-shift briefings are done on their shift as well as preparing pre-shift for following shifts to review daily operations.
- Read and respond to all email and correspondence.
- Review the training documentation of all new hires on their shift.
- Review shift schedules to maintain control of staffing needs on a daily, weekly and seasonal basis.
- Review and approve requests for days off, vacations and leaves of absence.
- Complete paperwork for pay increases when applicable.
- Create, prepare and implement new policies and procedures.
- Train others in policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all guests are treated with courtesy and respect. Attempts to resolve significant problems to the satisfaction of the guest and in the best interest of Property. Handles complaints and renders decisions tactfully.
- Responsible for decision making on guest complaints, resolutions, room inventory control, payroll and budgeting.
- Reports all irregularities to the Director of Front Services and/or the Vice President of Hotel Operations.
- Responsible for hiring, discipline and termination of Front Desk, Business Center and Telecom employees.
- Manages Bell, Door and Valet Departments in the absence of the Director of Front Services and the Front Services Manager.
- Manages hotel occupancy, rates and selling strategies on a daily basis.
- Responsible for guest complaint resolution at the Front Desk, Bell Desk, Business Center, Telecom and Valet Parking on their shift.
- Responsible for overall service satisfaction for 3,981 rooms.
- Responsible for maintaining extensive knowledge of all departments within Property, including all hotel departments, Food and Beverage, Casino and Security.
- Coordinates Hotel related decisions in the event of a property emergency.
- Acts as liaison between the front desk and other departments on all hotel-related activities.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 5 years of Hotel Operations experience.
- Have effective decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 2 years of previous supervisory experience.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
Job ID: 86412
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.