Requisition ID: 132741
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit has an immediate opening for a dynamic Hydraulics/Hydrology Engineer in our growing Civil Engineering Group based in Lenexa, KS. The Drainage Engineer will work with a Civil Engineering Design team supporting a wide variety of projects including power generation, renewables, and industrial markets. The Drainage Engineer will also support estimators, schedulers, permitting, and construction experts on pursuits and ongoing projects.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
We are a high performing team of engineers and designers that develop projects through the project life-cycle engaging exciting projects throughout North America. Our staff leads the power markets engineering process and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
Drainage Engineer will be responsible for completing engineering assignments in support of EPC site developments including drainage design, detailed hydrologic and hydraulic analysis (using various models and methods) and preparation of design plans, reports, and technical memoranda. This will require a broad understanding from a national perspective of the following:
• Single-event and continuous rainfall modeling
• Watershed analysis, hydrograph and peak discharge development and routing
• Surface flow drainage, culverts, storm systems, and sediment transport for site developments
• Flood analysis and knowledge of the FEMA flood hazard areas
• Stormwater quantity / quality calculations, LID, NPDES compliance and erosion control
• Software experience includes: Autodesk SSA, PondPack, CulvertMaster, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, TR-55, 2D experience helpful such as PCSWMM 2D
• Development of drainage plans, profiles, specifications, and estimates for site development projects. This includes developing terrain, grading and other design components via Autodesk Civil3D (3D modeling is a plus).
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
• Bachelor of Science degree in related field (i.e., civil engineering)
• PE license or the ability to receive a PE license is expected
• A minimum of 3 years proven civil/drainage engineering design experience
• Strong project team orientation and networking skills
• High degree of self-motivation
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with others
• This position includes occasional travel to project offices and work sites. Ability to travel at times
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- 3d Model
- Auto Cad
- Construction Management