Human Resources AssistantCompensation:
$18.00 to $23.00 hourly
The HR Assistant maintains employee personnel files, coordinates new hire orientation and benefit enrollment activities and is point person for all company Recruitment activities. Assists Human Resources Director with various administrative needs and projects, as requested.
- Posts all new positions and maintains current positions on the website. Updates various career sites as needed.
- Assists with on-line applications and testing of new applicants.
- Assists with processing of new hires, performs background checks, ensures that files are complete for new hire orientation, creates timecards.
- Ensures completeness and confidentiality of employee records, releases authorization information regarding employment verification; follows company policy regarding all inquiry and response to inquiry in a timely manner.
- Maintains employee personnel files and also maintains employee data through the Human Resource Information System (HRIS). Inputs status, rate changes and other employment and payroll related changes into HRIS. As needed, uses the HRIS to generate a variety of useful employee data reports.
- Maintains employee work permits and HR confidential binders. Assists the Human Resources team with various administrative needs and projects as needed.
- Assists with coordinating New Hire Orientations that fosters a positive first impression of the company. Also, works with rest of Human Resources team in coordinating Employee events including holiday events and quarterly recognition programs.
- Attends necessary in-service and training as assigned.
- Keeps employee notification methods (including lunch room bulletin boards)updated and maintained.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities, as assigned by the HR Director.
- Bachelor’s degree plus prior experience in Human Resources or Recruiting preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with good detail orientation.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Technical proficiency including Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Prior experience with ADP and Applicant Tracking Systems would be extremely beneficial.
- Ability to work under pressure with ability to handle a variety of projects at one time.
- Must display a friendly, courteous and helpful attitude toward the Residents, other employees, and the public.
If you or anyone you know is interested in this position please email Stephanie.Meloy@officeteam.com with your most recent resume attached and the position title, "Human Resources Assistant", in the subject line.
OfficeTeam is the world's leader in professional staffing for office support jobs, focusing exclusively on the temporary and temporary-to-full-time placement of professionals in the administrative field. We are faster at finding you work because of the depth of our client network. Specifically, our professional staffing managers connect with thousands of hiring managers in North America every week to find your office support job opportunities. We evaluate all of our OfficeTeam temporaries' skills and match them with the needs of top employers in their area.
Apply for this job now or contact us today at 888.490.4154 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 OfficeTeam. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Automated Data Processing (Adp)
Applicant Tracking Systems
Human Resources Information System (Hris)