To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Woodstock, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Licensed Nurse (LPN) - Private Duty Care
PSA Healthcare • Woodstock, CT
Posted 4 days ago
The PSA difference is encapsulated in our mission. There are two simple words that describe who we are and what we do – that is Trusted Care. PSA Healthcare takes pride in providing Trusted Care and support to the people we serve. ACT – Action, Care and Trust represent our goal of providing positive energy, with a sense of urgency, while constantly improving our services. Our employees are essential to providing our families with trusted and compassionate care.
Reporting Relationship: Director/Clinical Care Manager/Director of Nursing/RN
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsibilities and Job Requirements
• Provides nursing care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and according to the plan of care derived from the physician’s orders and Registered Nurse Assessment.
• Observes the client’s condition and care needs appropriately and reports changes in condition to the supervisor and/or physician as appropriate.
• Takes appropriate nursing action based on physician orders and nursing care plan and achieves expected outcomes.
• Recognizes changes in client needs and responses that require intervention and implements care to prevent or reduce risk.
• Provides direct, hands-on care to assigned clients.
• Documents all activities, nursing actions, responses, and coordination of care in a timely manner whenever care is delivered.
• Uses established lines of communication.
• Accepts responsibility for personal and professional accountability by complying with PSA
policies, state and federal regulations, accrediting bodies and the Nurse Practice Act.
• Maintains knowledge of competencies related to the nursing profession by participating in educational programs, continuing education units, Mosby skills and skill evaluations.
• Reinforces client and family teaching instituted by the Registered Nurse.
• Educates the client and family regarding the disease process, self-care techniques, prevention strategies, and in meeting the client’s nursing needs.
• Maintains client and PSA confidentiality.
• Utilizes effective problem-solving/conflict resolution skills.
• Utilizes time management skills.
• Participates in the QA process as appropriate.
• Maintains professional boundaries at all times.
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
• Current and unrestricted LPN license to practice in the state for which you are applying
• Current CPR certification
• Current Continuing Education if required by state
• Diploma or certificate from state accredited LPN program
• Demonstrated proficiency in clinical skills, documentation and compliance with nursing care and policies and procedures
• Good organizational and communication skills
• Additional state specific requirements:
o California- One (1) year of experience required working under current nursing license
o Louisiana- One (1) year of experience required working as a licensed nurse
• Frequent lifting and repositioning of clients
• Repeated or prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, twisting and occasional climbing of stairs
• Acute sense of sight and hearing (corrected or uncorrected) and strong sense of touch and smell
• Agility and strength sufficient to handle clients and equipment without assistance
• Must be able to appropriately respond physically and mentally to emergency situations in the home or during transport
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other health conditions
Requisition ID: R0008976