To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Durham, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Engineer 2
IQVIA • Durham, NC
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
- Design and create data visualizations in TIBCO Spotfire to satisfy identified and elaborated business needs captured in the form of user stories
- Assist in defining deliverables, costs and benefits and ROI.
- Facilitate design review sessions with analysts and key stakeholders to refine and elaborate the data visualizations
- Work with validation and testing team to ensure formal system and user acceptance testing is properly documented
- Creates the design specification, deployment plans, system manual and other technical documents for respective design activities
- Support to troubleshooting problems, providing workarounds and producing patches for customers as required
- Estimates the magnitude and time requirements to complete all tasks major as well as minor feature development. Provides accurate and timely updates to project manager on progress
- Ensure on time, high quality deliverables and meeting project milestones and deadlines within budget with minimal supervision
- Assists and mentors other team members in the business application, development technologies or Software Development Lifecycle processes (such as reviewing, designing and testing)
- Participates in peer review of work products such as code, designs, and test plans produced by other team members
- Designs, writes and performs unit, integration or system testing which includes development of test plans.
- Contributes in end to end build management and supports deployments
- Leads and manages code configuration management system in the project with respect to builds and release management
Candidate should have a minimum of 4 years of business experience, combined with relevant education, training, and applicable industry certification. Candidate should possess a Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of data analysis and/or visualization experience
- Strong communication, organizational, prioritization and leadership skills
- Detailed orientated with strong analytical aptitude, an understanding of statistical methods is helpful
- Knowledgeable in both object-oriented analysis & design and database design methods
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: (Oracle, SQL Server, Hadoop, Mongo DB)
- Can demonstrate database and SQL knowledge and skill
- Possess strong data analysis and technical skills
- Possess good written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new environments
- Self-driven and motivated individual that takes pride in the development of high quality, on time, within budget projects
- System Lifecycle Methodology experience with Computer Systems Validation preferred
- Familiarity with SCRUM agile development methodology is beneficial
- Pharma/CRO or healthcare experience within a regulated industry is a plus
- Additional proficiency in XML, web services, and data services development is also a plus
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related discipline and 4 or more years of experience with applicable tools or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
- Extensive use of keyboard and mouse requiring repetitive motion of fingers and wrists
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled'
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
Job ID: R1012320