The Mental Health Tech is a key position that provides direct patient care, monitors patient's physical and emotional needs, and administratively supports the psychiatric program.
- Daily patient transportation
- Assists in maintaining medical records
- Monitors patient interactions and safety
- Provides clerical support
- Assists in patient data collection
- Provides patient information as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Posting charges daily and entering census information
- Scheduling patient's therapy and psychiatric appointments
- Answering telephone for program, screen calls, take messages
- Process mail and order program supplies
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years of work experience in a psychiatric / chemical dependency facility
- Clean driving record
- Familiarity with medical and psychiatric terminology
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build positive and respectful rapport with patients and families
- Works well in a busy team environment
The Outpatient Behavioral Health program opened July 2017 and and provides a Behavioral Health intensive outpatient therapy program for the 55+ population.
It is located at the Howard County Medical Center in St. Paul, Nebraska. Howard County Medical Center includes a 16-bed critical access hospital that has been providing quality, efficient health care since 1955, as well as a variety of outpatient specialty services.
St. Paul, Nebraska is situated close to the middle of Nebraska with specialty shops, wineries and is home to the Museum of Nebraska Major League Baseball.
Patient Information Leaflet