Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
As a Front Pharmacy Technician, you’ll be responsible for answering incoming calls and completing outbound calls to / from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximized productivity. Along the way, you’ll discover the training, support and career opportunities you’d expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from Arizona or Texas as you take on some tough challenges.
- Prescription Processing, interpreting prescriptions, create order, access/inputs/retrieve prescription information
- Contact patients, pharmacies and doctor's offices when needed
- Notify pharmacist of relevant clinical information gathered during calls to provider or patient
- Document workflow outcomes as needed for performance reporting
- Ability to recommend innovative solutions and share best practices to achieve deliverables
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Ask questions effectively to gain information or clarify understanding in order to ensure high-quality work
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and change effectively
- Utilizing available resources to ensure project is worked efficiently
- Working Monday – Friday anywhere between 6:30 am – 8 pm for an 8-hour shift (will be consistent shift when it is determined)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Arizona / Texas State Pharmacy Technician license (or the ability to obtain Arizona license within 30 days of hire)
- Intermediate proficiency (or better) experience with Microsoft programs such as MS Word and MS Excel
- 6+ months of experience within pharmacy / prescription data entry experience
- Must be able to multitask efficiently
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Flexible and responsive to changing priorities
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Pharmacy Technician, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealthcare, pharmacy, pharmacy technician license, UnitedHealth Group, retail pharmacy, remote, work from home, work at home, telecommute, Houston, Sugar Land, Dallas, San Antonio, Texas, TX, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Glendale, Tuscon, Arizona, AZ, hiring immediately, #RPO