To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Olympia, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Fiscal Technician 3 - Travel Office
Evergreen State College • Olympia, WA
Posted 1 month ago
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or status as a protected veteran. For more information regarding Evergreen’s non-discrimination policies or to report discrimination, please visit the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity webpage at www.evergreen.edu/equalopportunity or contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Officer at (360) 867-5371, Room 3102 Library Building, 2700 Evergreen Parkway NW, Olympia, WA 98505.Union Represented Yes Overtime Eligible Yes Monthly FTE 1.0 Salary Step (minimum monthly amount) $2,664.00 Salary Step (maximum monthly amount) $3,523.00 Cyclic Position No Cyclic Details n/a Project Position No End Date n/a Special Note
This is a full-time, overtime-eligible position in Business Services on the Olympia Campus of The Evergreen State College.Position Purpose
Under the direction of the Assistant Accounting Manager/Auditor, independently perform Travel functions for staff, faculty, approved speakers, etc. This includes checking and posting Travel Advances, A19 and A20 Expense Reimbursements/prepayments to the Banner system, resolving discrepancies, and processing direct pay invoices for payment. Use independent judgment to perform all related duties necessary to process invoices for payment on a timely basis in accordance with current regulations, policies and procedures.
To provide back-up support to the Fiscal Technician 3 in Accounts Payable performing detailed fiscal support for the College’s conference services unit; perform other duties related to Conference Services as required. Position may provide fiscal assistance to other units in Business Services as needed.
• Review the travel authority form and check for any advance requests. Verify trip justification is attached, if necessary.
• Approve travel reservations made with travel agencies.
• Use the internet to verify travel regulations, check maps of locations for mileage of staff and faculty and access the money conversion table for foreign travel.
• Audit the travel expense vouchers and ensures all the receipts are attached, signatures are there and the expenditures are in accordance with OFM and college guidelines.
• Review and reconcile travel advance account.
• Conduct travel training for employees as requested.
• Coordinate the application process for employees seeking a corporate credit card.
• Maintain files of employee’s corporate travel credit cards.
• Serve as liaison with JP Morgan Chase for application and termination of card on file.
• Serve as liaison with car rental car rental agency(s) under contract.
• Review monthly JP Morgan statements for airfare and car rental against the travel authority forms. Understand and interpret the JP Morgan contract terms.
• Process payments for Personal and Client Service Agreements after verifying for completeness and compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Review 1099 reports to verify information is correct and complete.
• Process year-end non-employee compensation statements (e.g., 1099MISC and 1042S); send to recipient and IRS.
• Interpret federal, state and college rules and regulations pertaining to travel and compensation; share that information with staff and faculty.
• Process payment vouchers in accordance with established procedures and enter them into the Banner Finance system.
• Serves as an additional backup for processing Business Services incoming mail to include screening, sorting, and date stamping.
• Update a desk manual describing current procedures used to complete assigned duties as necessary.
Conference Services (when in back-up support status)
• Prepare, audit, reconcile, verify, process and maintain computerized and manual fiscal documents such as invoices, vouchers, purchase requests, receipts, inter-budgetary account transfers, travel documents, deposits and all other internal fiscal records.
• Review, authorize, enter/input, and process computerized and manual fiscal transactions.
• Assist in reconciling between Conference Services software system and Banner.
• Compile and maintain computerized and paper fiscal reports and records.
• Interpret fiscal policies/practices and review fiscal records to ensure compliance with established procedures.
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Maintain and process student employees’ payroll records for unit.
• Assist with all Accounts Payable functions as needed to include: posting invoices to the Banner Finance system, resolving invoice and/or receiving discrepancies, responding to calls concerning payments or vendor inquiries, checking daily reports to verify that invoices were input correctly, processing incoming mail, and filing accounts payable documents.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to understand and use the Banner Finance system or similar automated financial accounting system.
• Ability to interpret and comply with federal, state and college policies and procedures relating to travel and Personal and Client Service Agreements.
• Ability to navigate the internet and research specific information.
• Understand accounts payable process and general procedures.
• Work independently to analyze data, identify errors and make corrections.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate travel regulations in understandable terms.
• Ability to work for extended periods of time at a desk/computer and operate standard office equipment.
• Proficient with 10-key.
• Excellent public relations and customer service skills in person and over the phone.
• Ability to interpret and apply relevant fiscal regulations, policies and procedures.
• Ability to process, generate, create, reconcile, correct, organize and maintain computerized records, reports and files.
• Ability to demonstrate proficient computer skills in current Microsoft software applications such as Word, Access, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to work in an open, public office environment with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, record keeping and problem solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines, work under pressure and maintain a high degree of attention to detail.
• One year of travel accounting experience.
• One year of accounts payable experience.
• Banner Finance experience.
• Must provide proof of identity and employment eligibility within three days of beginning work.
• This position is part of a bargaining unit and covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
• Scheduling annual leave from mid-June through August will be limited.
A full state benefits package which includes: paid sick and vacation leave; paid campus holidays; a generous medical, dental, life and disability insurance package for employees and dependents; retirement; deferred compensation and optional supplemental retirement accounts. For more information about Evergreen’s excellent employee benefits, please view http://www.evergreen.edu/payroll/benefits.htm