The Distribution Specialist serves as the conductor of the inbound and outbound freight, ensuring the smooth transportation, both domestic and international, of our products to our customers. This role is the communications center that drives the deliverables to maintain the world class brand reputation the Greenlee Memphis Distribution Center is recognized for.
Essential Job Functions:
- Request cycle counts
- Process all export/Canada (LTL and SP) shipments and submit required documents to CS
- Work with material handlers for both put away and pulling of parts and materials
- Close the previous day’s UPS shipments via the UPS End of Day report
- Log, report, and expedite the re-shipment of shipping errors returned to MDC. Includes:
o Mis-ships (originally sent via the wrong carrier)
o Exports without customs documentation
- As requested, submit missing shipping documents to CS, carriers, customers, and brokers.
- Coordinate with carriers and CS to set up return shipments (call tags) as required
- Process return shipments for denied returns as required
- Assist in clearing open orders at the end of the day
- Contact carriers as required
- Scheduling and departing dock doors
- Generate reports necessary to assist pick/pack/ship in daily operations.
- Use applicable reports to identify and drive resolution to shipping problems.
- Process documents for small parcel exports as needed.
- Create single line air deliveries prior to the air batch
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full time with benefits, weekend shift, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. 6a-630p. Work 36 hours, get paid for 40.
- High School diploma/GED required
- 1 year of warehouse, terminal, transportation, operations or similar experience
- Working knowledge of SAP/Oracle/JDE or other WMSs
Basic Computer Skills including:
o Microsoft Outlook
- Proven ability to multi-task and collaborate with different departments
- Ability to effectively communicate through written and oral communication
- Lift max of 35 Lbs; generally 10 to 15 lbs.
- Able to stand for entire shift; some work is completed while seated.
- Place tools into kits with hands; close packaging or case with limited force.
- May require bending, lifting, standing, sitting, squatting.
- Use tools available to assist with lifting and moving heavier items
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Packaging And Labeling