Our Client is expanding and currently seeks a Senior Oracle Database Administrator in Reston Virginia for a 6-month contract with a possibility of being hired on full time!!
Our client is seeking a senior level Database Administrator to install, upgrade, patch, support, and tune Oracle 12c and 11g databases. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 8 – 10 years of hands-on experience with managing and supporting Oracle in UNIX environments. The candidate should be a self-starter, have excellent communication skills and work seamlessly in a team environment as well as independently.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Extensive experience with Oracle Enterprise RDBMS with basic knowledge of application development and strong working knowledge of database administration in a Unix/Linux operating system environment.
- Extensive experience with Oracle 12c release 2 Architecture and database infrastructure design, understanding of optimizer behavior and Oracle 12c release 2 and greater.
- Experience with installing and upgrading database software
- Expertise in monitoring and resolving Database and applications locking issues.
- Extensive experience in the art of performance tuning, utilizing OEM or third party tools.
- Extensive experience with implementation and maintenance of Disaster Recovery environments using Data Guard.
- Experience with scheduling and studying ASH/AWR/ADDM reports and taking corrective actions.
- Experience with configuring databases to use Direct NFS for improved performance.
- Experience and understanding of high-availability solutions – RAC and Maximum Availability Architecture.
- Experience automating, scripting and streamlining processes for efficiency and accuracy
- Comprehensive understanding of Oracle backup methodologies, and their implementation, scheduling of RMAN backups as well as successful database restores.
- Strong understanding of hardware and infrastructure including but not limited to the OS, storage and networks.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and customer relationship skills.
- Ability to work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions that are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Participation in rotational 24 x 7 on-call Production support.
- “Can-do” attitude, proactive and resourceful.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Oracle OCP or OCM Certification
- Oracle Hyperion Financial Application Support
- Cloud Control / OEM Installation, Configuration and Support
- Experience with ASM and Exadata systems
- Experience with generating and installing certificates for secure data transfer
- Experience in disk array storage solutions – preferably NetApp
- Experience in Backup / Recovery solutions – preferably CommVault
Must be a U.S. Citizen to work for this client.
About our client:
They are a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Our client is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around
the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-
visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities
will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™
companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent:
people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Recovery Manager (Rman)
Original Equipment Manufacturer