To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Austin, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Data Warehouse Developer w/Guidewire
Nesco Resource • Austin, TX
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
You will work in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence/Analytics space to design scalable, flexible, and resilient solutions to support our clien'ts growth and mission. Our client's BI systems aggregate information from numerous sources and provide management information to stakeholders throughout the company.
• Recommends and conducts analysis in support of department and business line strategic efforts.
• Plan, design, develop, implement, and enhance applications, scripts, procedures, and metadata for relational databases.
• Champion enterprise data management best practices & provides recommendations for data architecture structure and standards.
• Oversee end-to-end architecture & data warehouse life cycle management activities.
• Manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary.
• Designs, develops, and implements the data architecture for a data warehouse, including high-performance ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) tools and routines and the infrastructure, applying knowledge of SQL, Unix Scripting, Java/J2EE, HTML, PL/SQL, HIVE in Hadoop.
• Recognize and leverage data sources both internally and externally to enhance the analysis capabilities.
• Reverse Engineers data specifications from source systems through data discovery, analysis, and other techniques, applying knowledge of Java programming and Agile methodology.
• Develops and maintains Data Models, including Enterprise Data Dictionary.
• Establishes methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement.
• Participates with application and infrastructure design architects to provide guidance for development and releases.
• Provides technical guidance to business on implementation of features.
• Influences the selection of hardware and software product standards and the design of standard configurations; makes significant contributions to market-centric technology roadmaps and architectural principles and frameworks.
• Reviews and ensures major architectural designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible and cost effective solutions.
• Leads retrospectives and defining opportunities for experiments and POC`s.
• Perform troubleshooting on all ETL processes and resolve issues effectively within IT service level agreements.
• Assists junior developers and business by engaging hands-on in complex data challenges and Information Management projects to derive deep insights from data, engaging hands-on in complex data challenges and Information Management projects to derive deep insights from data.
• Oversee business intelligence/data warehouse security and data load and implementation strategies.
• Lead enterprise projects through all phases of SDLC/Agile process.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Significant experience in software development processes and best practices.
• Understanding of business operations - preferably property and casualty insurance.
• Clear, effective verbal and written communication skills including the ability to actively listen, problem solve, and communicate with both technical and business users.
• Demonstrated experience working both as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
• Proven experience in providing guidance to developers, quality assurance, and business analysts.
• Attention to detail with self-discipline, strong ownership and accountability and drive for results.
Required Education and Experience:
• Four-year college degree, preferably in CS, engineering or other technical field, or equivalent experience.
• 8+ years of directly relevant experience in Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in building ETL, reporting, and Data Visualization solutions using tools (Ex: SAP Data Services, Informatica, Data Stage, Microsoft SSIS packages, QlikView, Tableau etc.).
• 2+ years of work experience in Guidewire Data Management tools.
• Experience in building conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling; dimensional modeling preferred.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Familiarity with agile methodology.
• Certifications in P&C and IT domains.
• Experience in financial or property and casualty insurance industry.
• Experience in building Master Data Management & Data Governance desired.
• Experience in JAVA programming, reverse engineer source code.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.