Operations Electrical Engineer
A motivated Electrical Engineer who is experienced in operations of industrial manufacturing facilities, to join the Fremont Plant Operations Electrical Engineering team.
This individual will be the electrical subject matter expert who will be providing engineering support to Plant Operations team, manufacturing teams and construction teams in regards to the electrical infrastructure operations reliability.
The qualified candidate should have the following qualifications:
* 2-5 years of relative experience in complex manufacturing facility operation
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
* Strong understanding and working knowledge of local and national technical and safety standards and codes (NEC, NETA, NFPA, OSHA)
* Deep understanding of electrical safe work practices based on NFPA 70E requirement, and safety culture in manufacturing environment
* Capable of reviewing design and vendor documents, and ability to evaluate risks, constructability, and operational challenges
* Deep understanding of complex power distribution in manufacturing environment
* Capable of reading and understanding electrical documentation (single lines, schematics, etc.)
* Excellent verbal and written skills, and ability to communicate effective and clear, and interface at executive level
* Understanding of power distribution equipment testing, being able to interpret test reports, and performing acceptance testing
* Ability to work efficiently and communicate with other discipline engineers and technicians, as well as vendors and contractors
* Deep understanding of medium and high voltage systems is a plus
* Familiarity with major vendors in the industry is a plus
* Experience with wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors, and equipment (level, temperature and pressure transducers, current and power meters, etc) is a plus
The candidate's contribution will be focused on the following areas:
* Providing engineering support to Plant Operations team
* Troubleshooting support to Plant Operations team, supporting trouble calls
* Supporting preventive and predictive maintenance activities on Plant utilities infrastructure
* Supporting maintenance shutdown windows
* Initiate and drive corrective and improvement initiatives, taking ownership of projects and ability to carry the process from cradle-to-grave
* Identifying LOTO requirements, responsible to guise electrical technicians teams
* Supporting commissioning of complex electrical equipment such as unit substations
* As the Subject Matter Expert (SME), representing plant operations team in design projects, and enforce companywide standardization initiatives and ensure design consistency
* Working very closely with design team, perform job walks, provide feedback during design reviews, ensure complete design documentation handover to Plant Operations
* Work closely with procurement team and vendors to identify any gaps, and ensure the complete delivery and handover of purchased equipment, initiate and run regular meetings with vendors during the equipment procurement and fabrication to ensure correctness and completeness
* Work closely with construction management team and contractors during construction process, assist the team by providing constructive feedback, support necessary design changes and ensure the completeness of the construction work
* Address any open issues and punch-list items working with teams in a timely manner
* Support, or provide training of new systems to Plant Operations team
* Creating and embracing the culture of safety, quality, accuracy, and reliability
* Supporting design and operations team in specifications and standards review and modifications
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Operations Electrical Engineer, Lathrop Facilities
for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.
- Construction Management
- Electric Power Distribution
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Installation Work