Are you looking to help transform a company and an industry? As a Stewart employee, you'll be joining a company that is committed to helping you own, develop, and nurture your career while growing our company. We invest in your career journey because we understand that as you grow so does our company. You will be part of a diverse and equitable work environment that reflects the customers we serve. You'll be empowered to use your unique experiences, passion and skills to help our company constantly evolve and improve. Together, we can achieve our vision of becoming the premier title services company.
More information can be found at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Commercial Underwriter, subscribe to the Stewart blog at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Commercial Underwriter or follow Stewart onTwitter® @stewarttitleco.
Ensures accountable decisions are taken at the right level in the organization, and individuals making decisions are suitably informed about the level of legal risk on all legal related matters. Represents plaintiffs and defendants in civil cases and manages all phases of the litigation process from investigation, pleadings and discovery to pre-trial, trial, settlement and appeal.
- Reviews and evaluates title searches and insurance risk factors and must be able to justify and communicate underwriting requirements to counsel for buyers, sellers and lenders on commercial real estate transactions
- Responsible for evaluating risk and exposures to determine acceptability of business
- Determines premiums, terms and conditions based established rules, rates, and guidelines
- May analyze data such as financial conditions of the organization, participation percentage, type of industry, characteristics of employee groups, or past claim experience
- Typically follows existing procedures to perform routine assignments and to solve standard problems
- Analyzes basic information and standard practices to make decisions impacting work performed
- Individual contributor working with direct oversight
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred
- Typically requires 0-2 years of related work experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Stewart is committed to ensuring that its online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact us by email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Commercial Underwriter
- Data Analysis
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Pretrial Services