Reports to the Practice Administrator/Manager, the Office Coordinator (OC) is responsible for creating and maintaining a professional atmosphere in appearance, administrative processes and interpersonal exchanges. The Office Coordinator provides support to the Clinic/Practice Administrator to include: scheduling, tracking, reporting billing information to appropriate individuals. The incumbent will be responsible for preparing, distributing timesheets to clinical staff. The Office Coordinator will be responsible for clinical / office supplies.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Maintains office and clinical inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Responsible for coordinating and ensuring all patient billing items are processed from clinic to billing company as needed.
- Ensures that schedules, calendars, handouts, memos, agendas, and handouts/correspondence are delivered to clinic staff on a timely basis.
- Responsible for gathering, assembling, and finalizing information needed to prepare reports for the Practice Administrator.
- Accountable for the proper and timely distribution of timesheets and documents to Clinic Staff.
- Receives and sorts mail for the Clinic and route to appropriate individuals.
- Participates in the Clinic’s based Quality Improvement process.
- Assist with patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to patients, visitors, physicians, volunteers and staff.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.Licenses & Certifications – None required
- Experience – Minimum of five years of medical office experience required.
- Essential Skills - Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and systems. Knowledge of office management techniques and practices. Knowledge of computer systems, programs and Medical Billing computer applications. Skilled in the operation of office equipment. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities. Able to Multi-task projects.
- Essential Physical Requirements – Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment.
- Working Conditions – Normal medical office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work.
Coordinating Office Services
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 36024
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.