Robert Half Finance and Accounting is working a targeted search for an Associate - FP&A for a well established real estate firm in downtown Dallas.
The Strategic Planning and Investor Relations Associate works under general direction of the SVP of Strategic Planning and Investor Relations. In this role, the Associate works with the executive leadership team on the development of strategic plans and related analyses and on the preparation of board and investor materials. In addition, the Associate is responsible for maintaining and updating the Company’s forecast, working closely with senior stakeholders to review scenarios based on capital allocation and asset management decisions. The Associate is an expert in the proprietary data analytics tools developed within the company and uses these tools to generate novel insights and visualizations that will aid the Company in capital allocation decisions including acquisitions, dispositions and asset management. The position is central to many high-level decisions and will offer unique exposure to executive level thinking around financial, operational and capital allocation strategies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepares reporting packages, presentations and other materials as needed for senior management, Board of Directors, and other internal and external stakeholders
• Manages the annual operating budget and weekly reforecasts, leveraging input from key stakeholders
• Communicates regularly with other departments to ensure accurate forecast updates; researches and explains variances in forecasts; continually improves forecasting methodology when appropriate
• Contributes to the development of the Company’s long-term strategic plan by conducting variance analyses, financial scenario modeling and other analyses and research as needed
• Plays a significant role in the Company’s capital markets activities by conducting detailed analyses and relevant financial modeling
• Is the expert in the business intelligence tools used within the Company for acquisitions, dispositions, finance and strategic purposes
• Develops and tracks key performance metrics against the Company’s strategic objectives
Expertise in Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office programs
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with presentation abilities, including ability to communicate
financially complex ideas to groups and management
• Ability to self-motivate and multitask, while showing attention to detail
• Proficiency with Microsoft BI and SQL. Exposure to Adaptive Insights for financial forecasting, Bloomberg, Factset
and/or MRI (property management software) is a plus
• Strong math and financial skills with ability to research, reason, and resolve issues and propose solutions
Education and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of FP&A, banking, audit, or research experience, including financial statement
analysis and forecasting is required. Corporate real estate industry experience is a plus
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
International Financial Reporting Standards
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles