THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN IRVING, TX
American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Property Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of their assigned residential property portfolio of approximately 1000 single-family homes. Essential to the Property Manager position is managing tenants, from finding the tenants and dealing with complaints to initiating evictions, handling move outs and ensuring the property is tenant ready.
- Collects rents in assigned portfolio with a goal of minimizing evictions and reducing delinquency
- Acts as a liaison between tenants and the maintenance coordinators to resolve escalated and emergency maintenance issues
- Delivers timely and applicable responses to tenant inquiries
- Maximizes retention rate through lease renewals while increasing rental rates from year to year Conducts move-out reconciliation; checks for damages; determines what portion of the security deposit will be returned to the tenant in accordance with state laws
- Drives the profitability of the portfolio assigned through rental growth, lease renewal and expense mitigation of both repair and maintenance and turn costs
- Handles evictions when a tenant does not pay rent or otherwise breaches the terms of a lease; ensures all properties are within HOA compliance
- Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Finance, Business Management or a related field required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of directly related experience in an operational or related role required.
- It is preferred if the experience is the following areas/industries: - Property Operations
- Real Estate
- Property Management
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- State Real Estate License required
- Valid driver's license required
- Experience with property management software a plus
- Strong relationship management, negotiation, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- May be required to work evenings and/or weekends
- Will be required to travel on company business
- Will be required to drive personal vehicle on company business
- Will be required to physically tour and evaluate vacant and/or occupied homes
Work where you feel right at home
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!
Property management, property operations, community manager, finance, business management, real estate license, residential property, HOA, homeowner association, liaison, real estate jobs
Leasing (Contract Law)