Looking to further your career in legal?
Staffing Now may have the job for you! We have a contract to hire Legal Assistant opening in Fort Worth, TX.
- Performs secretarial work of a complex nature for attorneys to whom assigned
- Must have the ability to master skills specific to the assigned practice group including such tasks as correspondence, spreadsheets, minutes, reports and other documents
- Prepare routine correspondence, memoranda and legal documents
- Answer telephone, take messages, provide information and receive information concerning matters related to the legal work handled by the assigned attorneys
- Maintain attorney calendar
- Prepare and send faxes, documents, mail, FedEx packages and other documents.
- Establish and maintain appropriate files and records
- Maintain control files of matters in progress and follows up to ensure that court ordered actions are competed
- Make arrangements for meetings, conferences and travel
- Enter time into the time and billing system
- Periodically request pre-bills and statements for billing purposes and prepares statements for signatures and send out
- Provide assistance to legal and non-legal personnel as requested
- When applicable, serve as a Notary Public
Job Requirements Position Requirements and Desired Skills:
- 3-5 years' experience in a law firm enfironment
- Professionalism at all times: positive and friendly attitiude; willing to help however needed
- High School Diploma; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Prior experience as a legal secretary required
- Advanced computer skills including knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel as well as specific law firm programs
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Accuracy, attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time-management skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong client service focus and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision
Conduct Legal Research
Handle Information Request
Review Legal Document
Draft Legal Correspondence
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 356593
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Accounting Now and SNI Financial, divisions of SNI Companies, are premier providers of staffing and recruitment services specializing in finance, accounting and banking. Our financial staffing solutions include:
- Contract/temporary assignments
- Contract-to-full-time hire assignments
- Full-time placement
Founded in 1998 by former Robert Half executive Ron Smith, SNI’s commitment to professionalism is unparalleled. Our personalized service, responsiveness and precision in matching qualified candidates with rewarding job opportunities distinguish us from competitors. Through our sister division, Staffing Now, we are also able to offer a full range of recruitment services for clerical and administrative positions. With revenues in excess of $100 million, our firm ranks among the top 100 U.S. staffing companies and was recently named one of the fastest growing private staffing companies in the country by Staffing Industry Analysts. Based in Des Moines, Iowa, SNI Companies has over 40 offices in the Midwest, Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast to best serve our job seekers and clients.
View the full profile