To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reston, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Octo Consulting Group • Reston, VA
Posted 4 days ago
At Octo, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We are a premier provider of digital solutions and services to the federal government specifically in the areas of UI/UX, Agile, Data, and Cloud services. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
Octo is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team!
- The successful candidate will work directly with customers, test engineers, and others throughout all stages of the development lifecycle to implement application enhancements.
- Responsible for technical design, coding, and documentation.
- Unit tests code in preparation for testing and production implementation
- Supports business applications in production operation
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience
- 2-4 years Experience with Node.js, including Express
- Experience with Bootstrap or other responsive, fluid design frameworks
- Strong knowledge and experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- At least one year of experience with agile development methodology, preferably SAFe or Scrum.
- At least one year of experience developing applications for enterprise business customers.
- US Citizenship is required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- SharePoint 2013 experience is preferred
- Experience with automated build tools, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Experience with JIRA or Redmine Agile Lifecycle Management software
- Experience with development and deployment into cloud environment
- Experience with RESTful, SOAP, and geospatial web services
- Experience with delivering remote unique complex Geospatial systems to the US Government strongly desired.
- Good oral and written communications skills with experience in delivering/presenting to the customer are a plus.
- SAFe certification
- Other related experience with fielded systems and mission/system operations along with system sustainment for high system availability requirements a plus
Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
- Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only
- Per contract clearance requirements, US citizenship is mandatory
- Relocation will not be offered
- Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation