To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10036
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Desktop Support Technician
Kforce Technology • New York, NY
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a prestigious and a well-known Investment Firm that is seeking a Desktop Support Technician in their New York, New York (NY) office. Summary: The Desktop Support Technician's primary role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests and application support. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. The candidate may be required to interact with other members of the IT Team to diagnose and resolve unique problems. At times, the candidate may be asked to assist in the maintenance and testing of network, servers and/or associated equipment. Responsibilities include:
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software
- Utilize remote control software to remotely troubleshoot and fix user problems
- Install, configure, and maintain laptops, desktops, and printers
- Manage phone system (with assistance from outside vendor when needed)
- Support various software packages including Microsoft Office for Windows, anti-virus, backup, email clients, email servers, Blackberry Enterprise Server, ActiveSync, VPN client, Adobe Products, and Internet Browsers
- Escalate IT issues when necessary
- Develop user training manuals, help sheets, frequently asked question lists and procedures for end users where applicable
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems
- 2-4 years of experience in Helpdesk or Desktop Support role
- Advanced Windows 10 knowledge (including installation and error troubleshooting)
- Extensive knowledge of Office 365 applications and administration console
- Experience supporting Skype for Business and cloud based phone systems
- Knowledge of cloud based applications
- Experience working with a variety of video conference technologies and systems
- Experience supporting mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android)
- Some experience supporting MAC operating systems and hardware
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Entry level experience with VMWare and Windows Servers
- Understand basic concepts of networking hardware, IP sub-netting, VLAN and TCP/IP communications