To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Allen Park, MI 48101
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Test Technician/Operator- Days
CH2M & Jacobs • Allen Park, MI
Posted 23 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Prep/de-prep of vehicles (wind tunnel instrumentation install/removal)
- Interface/ support customers in the garage, soak rooms, and test cells
- First responders to all radio calls
- Receive and release vehicles in database
- Status of vehicles in numerous data bases
- Install and remove camo from test vehicles
- Wash vehicles as necessary
- Support cold chamber defrost/defog testing
- Driver support for test cells and soak rooms
- Provide support to all Technicians
- Clean and organize all garage areas
- Thermocouples (both T and K type thermocouples for surface, liquid, and ambient measurement)
- Fiber optics (light-based sensors Banner type, used to measure things like RPM
- Intrusive shunts
- Pressure transducers
- Velocity flowmeters (in relation to oils and coolants)
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Proactive and energetic, problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Organized, with good housekeeping skills
Preferred experience:Climactic wind tunnel or dynamometer experience
- Controls (experience with test system operations and software)
- Throttle/brake actuators (setting up and configuring both Stahle AP-GB and SAP2000 actuators
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position (specify and provide % of time required)
- Lifting: Parts cables, and light-weight instrumentation, up to 50 lbs., 60%
- Climbing: NA
- Crawling: NA
- Special clothing/equipment (wearing): Safety glasses, gloves, hardened toe slip resistant shoes, 100%. Cold gear when needed (provided at site).
- Unusual physical requirements: Sitting (50%), Standing (50%), Bending (25%), Stooping (25%). Job requires manual labor.
- High noise level: High noise in some work areas, requiring use of hearing protection, 20%
- Other: NA
Description of Work Environment (specify and provide % of time required)
- Inside? Outside? Combination? Where?: Inside test facility, 90%
- Extreme (hot/cold) temperatures involved: -40F to 140F. Very limited exposure at extreme temperatures.10%
- Hazardous conditions - What are they?: Energized samples, rotating parts, 50%
- Travel/transportation requirements: Occasional local travel, 5%
- Other: NA
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks (specify and provide % of time required)
- Office equipment/machines electrically/battery operated - which?: Computers, copy machines, fax machines, 25%
- Vehicles, forklifts, etc. operated which?: Low lift and fork lift (will be certified on site), 15%
- Tools used in trade - which ones?: Hand tools, multi-meters, and other electrical diagnostic devices, 10%
- Other: NA
Criticality of Attendance (specify and provide % of time required)
- Overtime, regular days, off days: Monday through Friday with occasional over time and weekends.
- Shift, 1st, 2nd, 3rd: Day shift, but must be able to support our flexible test schedule into other shifts and/or weekends. Potential to move to an off-shift based on demand.
- Necessity for regular attendance: Critical
- Urgency for punctuality: Critical
- Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary. Must have flexibility of work days to cover weekend testing requirements.
Other Essential Functions (List other essential functions here.)Must complete and pass pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, and background check in addition to:
- Altitude exam
- Power Motor Vehicle Exam
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>