In this role, you will provide technical expertise for UI and web service functional and automation testing. You will be working with cross-functional teams to create world class technical solutions, infusing quality through testing within the software development process to benefit the organization. You will be interacting closely with Developers, Technical Leads, PMO, and QA Leadership.
1. Works with Feature Teams to understand the business and system impact of requested change across multiple applications and is able to explain impact of the change to team members.
2. Determines testing impacts for online transactions, web services and batch jobs and understands how the applications are integrated. Participates in design sessions and promotes test-first culture.
3. Sets up, maintains, and enhances test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as mobile, desktop, and web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
4. Offers inputs on the test ability of functional elements and product designs.
5. Develops/updates and executes test cases and test plan, from the user story acceptance criteria that thoroughly tests the change and documents results. Utilizes the test case management tool for test case development and test case execution. Collaborates with team members to ensure that the test cases validate all aspects of impacted systems. Includes test cases to validate that no unintended changes have occurred in application as a result of the change.
6. Researches test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes.
7. Develops, optimizes and refactors automated test scripts for web applications using Selenium-Java or company approved automation tool.
8. Develops and executes API / Integration/ Service tests for REST or SOAP services using Cucumber-Java, Postman and Newman.
9. Extracts data from databases by developing/updating SQL queries and monitors database structures and the impact of application changes to the data or database structure.
10. Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for assigned applications in the enterprise and provides direction for types of automation required for user stories.
11. Maintains technical/professional knowledge by continued training and reading industry publications in order to continue to support the business and maintains knowledge of best practices for testing.
Perform other related assigned duties as necessary to complete the Primary Job Responsibilities as described above.
- 5 years' experience working with OOO programing languages such as Java, C#, Ruby, etc
- 2 years of experience with relational database concepts, SQL, and procedural languages; object oriented design; Enterprise, distributed computing and WEB-based computing methods; and design patterns
- 3 years of experience with various testing methodologies and strategies: Test Driven Development (TDD) implemented with JUnit, Mock objects, Stubs, Test suites, Test harness web and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) implemented Gherkin, Cucumber.
- 8 years of experience with various test automation tools: Selenium, Web Driver, Silk Test, QTP, Test Complete
- 2 years of experience creating and execution of load test scripts using an industry tool (load runner\performance center, JMeter, etc. ).
- 2 years of experience with Protractor, automation of tests within AngularJS applications.
- Must understand the concepts of SOAP and REST services as well as both XML and JSON message formats.
- Proficient in writing automated test scripts to verify data structures, data formats and data values.
- Proficient in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) automated test execution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses.
- Work in a collaborative environment.
- Capable of performing day to day activities with minimal direction.
- Ability to self-organize, prioritize and handle multiple priorities without compromising on quality.
- Experience with design and development of test frameworks within a greenfield project.
- Ability to provide technical and process leadership to QA resources.
- Experience with Agile testing and development.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Nice to have Qualifications:
- Experience in automated REST API testing.
- Experience with isolation, mocking and integration testing of microservices.
- Experience working with REST API specifications (Swagger OpenAPI).
- Experience working in Amazon Web Services cloud is a plus.
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid and multi-browser testing.
- Experience working with the agile team tools (Version One, JIRA, Rally).
- Experience working with Eclipse IDE or IntelliJ IDE and Maven or Gradle.
- Experience with working in CI / CD environments.
Hp Quicktest Professional
Test Execution Engine