To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbia, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Hotel Maintenance Technician Full Time
Extended Stay America • Columbia, MD
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The maintenance engineer position must demonstrate and promote a strong commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and associates. The position is responsible to ensure that all property equipment is functioning, premises are maintained in a pristine condition, and that all guest rooms are in good repair. The position is responsible for ensuring that all tasks outlined in the Green Shield Binder and as directed by the management team and/or Regional Asset Manager are completed in a timely fashion in accordance with company standard.
MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
• Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and associates.
• The maintenance engineer must be able to work with minimal supervision while performing all essential duties to satisfaction and company standard.
• Job function to include assisting guests upon request, responding to all guest requests with diligent follow through in accordance with company guidelines and procedures.
• Job function to include performing the out of room cleaning outlined in the Green Shield Binder in order to ensure that the premises are maintained in pristine condition. This includes but is not limited to trash and debri, trash containers, cleanliness of building interior and exterior, grounds, walkways, stairwells, driveways and parking areas.
• Job functions to include performing repairs listed on work orders and following the work order process as outlined in the Green Shield Binder. Repairs must be made in a timely fashion and professional manner.
• Job functions to include preventative maintenance inspections and repairs as outlined in the Green Shield Binder.
• Job functions to include following the Green Shield Inspection schedule on a daily basis in order to accomplish all tasks outlined in a timely fashion in accordance with company standard.
• Job functions to include maintaining all records as outlined within the Green Shield Binder to include but not limited to Guest Room PM deficiencies, PM Room Inspections, Life Safety Inspections, Elevator Inspections and Non-Guest Room Deficiency Log.
• Job function to include following the outlined work flow on the Green Shield Schedule, utilizing the SOPs as a reference guide to complete all tasks per company standard.
• Job function to include maintaining an organized and clean work area in the maintenance room, while managing and safe guarding all maintenance tool inventory on a daily basis. Need to ensure that all tools are in good working condition.
• Job function to include maintaining a clean and organized boiler room, electric rooms, HVAC rooms, fire sprinkler rooms, in accordance with company standard and local ordinance.
• Job function to include ensuring that all fire safety equipment (fire alarm system, smoke detectors, CO detectors, fire extinguishers, etc) are operational and that inspections are current and in compliance with company standards and local ordinance.
• Compliance with all ESA safety and security policies and procedures to include OSHA and ADA.
• Job function to include maintenance of pool and or spa in accordance with ESA policies, procedures and in compliance with local ordinance.
• Job functions to include maintenance engineer to respond to all emergencies at the property or sister location when asked to be dispatched by a manager.
• Job functions to include monitoring and follow up with outside vendors when directed by management.
• Assisting to clean any areas of the hotel as assigned by the manager when needed to include but not limited to font desk, associate break room, guest laundry, fitness room, vending areas, stairwells and common areas.
• Responsible for maintaining overall hotel cleanliness
• And any other duties as requested by the management team.
• Ability to read and speak English proficiently and interact with guests, associates and law enforcement.
• Ability to read and interpretand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Ability to use units of American measurement for weight, volume and distance
• Ability to apply good judgment at all times.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to understand and follow guidelines, procedures and company standards.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Associate may be asked to travel to help additional locations within a reasonable geography.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree( GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.