Element has an opportunity for a Procurement Category Manager in our Americas Region (Canada, Mexico, USA). We are looking for a Direct Category Manager who will design and execute sourcing strategies for technical categories, including machinery, spare parts, maintenance and engineering services. We are looking for a positive, driven and proactive self-starter who is motivated by success and a natural passion to deliver best value for money. You will work well under pressure, have the ability to prioritise, organise and coordinate and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Skills / Qualifications
- Develop and execute various strategies to increase procurement coverage in the Americas, ensuring competitive advantage and sustainable year-on-year improvements in terms of cost, quality, service and innovation
- Lead and execute sourcing projects including strategy development, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, business case presentations, risk management and contract execution
- Perform total cost of ownership evaluations and supply-market research, and conduct pricing audits and impact analysis in the pursuit of continuous cost improvements
- Identify and resolve strategic supplier performance issues to ensure customer satisfaction
- Degree in an industrial or engineering discipline
- Manufacturing experience background is preferred
- Professionally qualified individual – i.e. CPSM, CIPS, 6Sigma
- Knowledge of up to date contract language and legislative requirements
- Significant experience in sourcing, contracting and project management
- Relevant category experience in the relevant technical area (machinery, maintenance and engineering)
- Sourcing experience within a Fortune 500 company, consultancy or large service industry company
- Proven experience in designing and executing sourcing strategies that consistently deliver measureable bottom line cost savings
- Proven track record in influencing sourcing decisions within these specialist spend categories
- Expert negotiator and influencer
- Strategic thinker with the vision to plan and drive results
- Strong interpersonal skills for communication, networking and influencing, particularly at Executive level
- Highly numerate
- Creative outlook when problem solving
- Excited by innovation and new opportunities
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as independently - to use initiative and work autonomously
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.