Import/Export business in Virginia Beach, is looking for an Export Customer Service Rep to assist in processes of their import/export business.
MUST have worked with cargo shipping industry.
You will be working in a professional, fast-paced environment.
TO APPLY: Call us to for a phone interview at:
757-961-8368 and email your resume to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Export Customer Service Rep, J080 (Our office hours are: Mon-Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm)
PAY: $15.00 hr
SHIFT: Mon-Fri; 9:30am to 6:00pm (7.5 hours a day)
Receive customers’ requests by phone or email, analyze requests and process them as required. Requests include new booking placements, amendments to existing orders, general inquiries about available services and the export process, as well as any other inquiry that may come in to the service center. CSR’s are expected to project a professional and friendly company image through all phone interaction and email correspondence, displaying a willing eagerness to assist.
- Effectively uphold company standards and promote customer satisfaction through professional verbal and written communication.
- Successfully represent the customer service team to all internal business units.
- Maintain knowledge of service options, including an awareness of and compliance with all policies, processes, procedures and guidelines.
- Discuss various shipping options with customers.
- Process all customer booking requests and amendments in accordance with current company policies and procedures.
- Willingly accept and adapt to a constantly changing working environment.
- Share responsibility for answering all incoming customer phone calls.
- Back up team members as necessary, especially in cases of absent team members due to illness or vacations.
- Collect all relevant customer shipping requirements in order for the rate team to accurately provide rate quotes directly to customers.
- Liaise with other internal business units to promote seamless execution of the line operation.
- Identify and recommend process improvements.
- Effectively process customer grievances and escalate appropriately as needed.
- Relay pertinent shipment information to customers as needed
- Promote company services and escalate new business opportunities
- All other duties and assignments as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Customer Service Manager and/or Team Leader.
Qualifications required and/or preferred:
- Deductive reasoning skills
- Strict, focused attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer and keyboard proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain calmness and patience under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- High school minimum education required
- Takes Initiative
- Work at computer station for multiple hours
- Manage customer confrontations in a calm, patient, professional manner
- Attention To Detail
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- Process Improvements (Business)
- Booking (Sales)
- Customer Satisfaction