We are currently seeking a dynamic Intensive Case Manager to join our team at our office in New York, NY!
The Intensive Case Manager is responsible for outreaching, triaging, assessing, and managing of members referred to Case Management. Responsible for the tracking and managing of members who are significant clinical risk and in need of linkage to services and coordination of care
What does a typical day look like?
- Telephonic outreach and engagement of assigned members
- May conduct in person, face to face outreach visits, at provider facilities and in the community, as needed, to facilitate engagement, assessment and care planning.
- Independent and individualized assessment of members enrolled in ICM.
- Development of a member centric care plan in collaboration with the member and his/her treatment team
- Facilitation of interventions and services appropriate to the member’s clinical status and available resources.
- Managing, coordinating care, and identifying strategies to meet care plan goals of assigned ICM Members
- Collaboration and communication with Primary Care Providers and community based providers.
- Utilization Review for designated ICM Clients/ Case Management Clients for diversionary levels of care
- Assist in collection of outcomes information, annual analysis and other reporting and initiatives
- Participation in telephonic and in person case conferences and care planning meetings with members, providers, PCPs and community agencies.
- Provides case management in compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements
- Response to urgent and crisis calls from members
- Promotes member safety and recovery goals
- Participation in internal Clinical Rounds and Clinical Rounds with Health Plan partners
- Utilization Review for designated ICM/Case Management Clients for some diversionary levels of care
- Compliance with all documentation and training requirements
- Utilization Review of non-ICM/Case Management members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What you Contribute?
Education: Master’s Degree or higher or RN required
Licensure: Current valid and unrestricted New York license in a in a mental health field (RN, Ph.D, LMSW/LCSW, MHC, LLP, LPC, etc.) required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of two (2) years of combined direct behavioral health clinical and managed care experience
- Analysis and problem solving, Interpersonal communication, verbal and written communication, Group presentation/public speaking, and Collaboration and team oriented work philosophy.
- Demonstrated experience effectively engaging with members and providers
- Familiarity with managed care and health plan case management
- Demonstrated work experience meeting strict deadlines and established cycle times through effective prioritization and follow-up skills.
- Case Managers are required to be educated in current principles, procedures and knowledge domains of case management based on nationally recognized standards of case management
- Expert and proficient knowledge, skill, and ability in MS word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, and MS Project.
What Makes Us Different?
- Here, it’s not just a job – it’s an opportunity to change lives.
- Our employees are learners, innovators and original
- Our mission and values guide the way we treat our members, providers and each other.
What We Have to Offer:
- Healthcare benefits available starting day 1!
- Health & wellbeing incentives, such as gym membership reimbursement
- 401K with company match to help reach your future financial goals
- Generous PTO, because we know life happens outside of work
- Tuition reimbursement so you can keep reaching your fullest potential
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for? Apply with us today to get started!
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email (@BeaconHealthOptions.com). Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.
Microsoft Power Point