Licensed Practical Nurse Acute
(maybe under filled with a Nurse Resident 2323)
Job Code: 2028
The Licensed Practical Nurse Acute Care assumes responsibility for the delivery of patient care in an acute care hospital utilizing the nursing process, under the supervision of a registered nurse and the order of a physician. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The Licensed Practical Nurse Acute Care responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Contributes to the assessment / re assessment of patients
• Contributes to the plan of care under the supervisor of a Registered Nurse.
• Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of appropriate patient care interventions
• Monitors for signs and symptoms related to abnormal lab values and deviation from baseline assessments
• Reports changes in patient status to the physician and initiates any new orders from the physician as directed
• Promotes wellness and provides patient / caregiver education.
• Works with care team to implement and ensure patient quality and safety initiatives.
• Promotes patient satisfaction and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
• May be required to float to other units. May be required to participate in on call status.
Reports to the department director, or assigned clinical supervisor.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
INTEGRIS Mental Health:
Mental Health staff must be able to assist with physical restraint of patients, utilizing the identified Behavior Management Technique System.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
INTEGRIS Home Care: Exposed to inclement weather conditions while driving to and from patient homes. Frequent exposure to extreme temperature changes, poor environmental aspects such as poor lighting, poor ventilation, excessive heat/cold, stressful patient/family situations, unclean environment, pet odors, cigarette smoke.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
• Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of Oklahoma or current multistate license from a Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) member state.
• LPN experience in an acute care hospital preferred.
• Current BLS certification upon hire, or completion within 30 days of hire
• Current IV Therapy certification upon hire, or completion within 30 days of hire.
• ACLS as required by department.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written).
• Department specific competencies will be completed in the applicable department during the orientation process
Licensed Practical Nurse
Registered Nurse Certified
Basic Life Support