WaitWhat is creating the most valuable independent portfolio of premium IP at the intersection of daily habit and human potential — with a contrarian strategy to scale.
Downloaded more than 100 million times, WaitWhat’s media properties have defined new genres in the areas of business (Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman), wellness (Meditative Story) and creativity (Spark & Fire). In everything WaitWhat creates, it aims to elicit the contagious emotions of wonder and mastery, infusing its content with “Wait, What?” moments that spark curiosity and help us live at the top of our potential.
Founded by June Cohen and Deron Triff — the former TED execs who launched TED Talks and led the media organization for a combined 17 years — WaitWhat’s approach to content is unique in the industry, with a passion for inventing new business models and building inventive partnerships. Learn more about WaitWhat >>Description:
WaitWhat is looking for an Associate Producer to join the exceptionally talented team on Meditative Story, a first-of-its-kind podcast listening experience that combines the emotional pull of immersive storytelling with the immediate, science-backed benefits of mindfulness practice led by our host Rohan Gunatillake. The listening experience combines a beautifully crafted first person story with an original cinematic score. We are in search of a talented Associate Producer to help on our original Mediative Story episodes and our new companion show Soul Curriculum. On each Soul Curriculum episode we invite a storyteller back to have a deeper conversation about a central theme of their story. The conversation draws on storyteller experiences, universal truths learned, and explores how listeners might take that insight with them into their own lives.
The role focuses on research, pre and post production, preparing scripts, questions and editing the final episodes together for both shows. You must enjoy working collaboratively, be open to a diverse range of viewpoints, and feel energized and inspired by the lives and experiences of others. If you share our passion for exceptional storytelling and ground-breaking media formats, we would love to hear from you! Please listen to a few episodes of Meditative Story and Soul Curriculum before submitting your thoughtful cover letter and resume.Responsibilities:
- Lead the audio assembly, editing and final delivery of Soul Curriculum
- Listen to the original episode intently and select the most transformative moments in the story
- Write the script and prepare the questions for our host
- Collaborate with show executive producers, producers, writers and partners to gather and incorporate notes
- Contribute editorial recommendations to help fine tune show segments
- Manage production timeline and prioritize activities to deliver on time
- Podcast admin, archiving and assisting the Producer, Writers and EPs on day to day tasks.
- 5+ years’ creative experience in audio production and experience in podcasting
- Deep knowledge of editing in Pro-Tools
- Proactive problem solving skills and experience as a self starter in taking on projects
- Experience organizing media assets, directory structures and awareness of post-production workflows
- Time management skills to coordinate multiple producer’s projects
- Effective communication
- Enjoy start-up culture, feel energized by team-oriented environments, and have an all-hands-on-deck attitude. We need you to take real ownership and responsibility for Soul Curriculum to work across editorial, research, pre-production, post-production and delivery of the podcast
This is a full-time position with the option to work remote. We offer a benefits package that’s generous and competitive with larger companies. Benefits include 3 weeks of company holiday (2 weeks in summer + one week between Christmas and New Years), 5 personal days, healthcare (PPO, vision and dental), short- and long-term disability, life insurance and 401(k). We work startup hours, but we also rest. We’re an anti-racist organization, committed to equity and diversity of all kinds — on our team, among our investors, and as represented on our media properties. Most importantly, we only hire extremely kind people.
- Post Production
- Pre Production