To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Green Bay, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Material Shipping Specialist (Printing)
Multi-Color Corporation US • Green Bay, WI
Posted 1 month ago
Are you looking for a job that provides more time off, great benefits and pay, paid training and career advancement? Multi-Color is a printing company and an employer of choice with job stability and a long history of continued expansion in our community. If you join our organization you will receive paid vacation, competitive medical, dental and vision options, as well as company supplied life and disability insurance, a 401k retirement plan with a company match, ten paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, shift differential pay, and recognition for great work.
The MATERIAL SHIPPING SPECIALIST is responsible for the efficient and economical shipments of product to our customers. These duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operation of a forklift.
- Finished Goods Inventory
- Retrieve Finished Goods pallets, wrap and band skids, locate material.
- Prepare all jobs for shipments and perform all duties associated with the proper preparation and shipment of material.
- Calling trucks for shipments.
- Processing Returns
- Processing Destructions
- Putting away corrugate
- Retrieving corrugate for Finishing.
- Completing Physical Inventories of Finished Goods
- Entering Finished Goods into inventory as necessary
Our Green Bay plant runs a five day per week operation with a 2 shift production schedule - M-Th, 10 hr shifts with OT on Fridays as required by the business.
- Exhibits a safety-first attitude in all that is done, from proper PPE compliance to keeping the work environment safe and hazard-free. Compliance with all workplace and product safety standards and procedures
- Ability to read job ticket and shipping instructions on customer orders
- Responsible for cleanliness of machinery and organization of the workspace; light maintenance of machinery and troubleshooting problems may be required as applicable and safe to do so
- Performs manufacturing related housekeeping
- Performs inventory on a quarterly basis (or more frequently as needed)
- Maintains and organizes work area
- Comply with quality assurance specifications of the customer and MCC including but not limited to handling procedures, paperwork requirements, etc. Compliance with all data integrity, product safety, and GMP standards required.
- Responsible for following processes and procedures
- Participation in department meetings, process improvement events, training, and safety program as scheduled
Function Specific Duties:
- Reviews job ticket for shipping requirements and special instructions
- Assures that job orders are properly packaged and boxed for shipping
- Documents the amount shipped and calculates total amount packaged
- Completes specified verification steps to assure labels are properly packaged and meet the Customer’s requirements
- Assists with boxing orders, shrink wrapping, applying core protectors and/or core tags and preparing paperwork
- Processes packaging slips
- Communicates with appropriate Associates to verify information on job tickets prior to packaging job order; Provides information to Supervisor regarding non-conformance or incorrect job tickets
- High school education or equivalent required
- Minimum 1 year Logistics experience (shipping, receiving, and/or materials) required
- Printing industry experience preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs or greater safely and regularly; additional poundage may be needed with assistance
- Forklift experience and/or certification strongly preferred
- (Certification is required in order to do the position; can be obtained through training and certification process with MCC)
- Proven commitment to the business (Internal candidate must not be on discipline for attendance, performance, or attitude in past 6 months)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and interact well with others (verbally and written form); seen as a team player with positive attitude
- Must be able to work with people at all levels of the organization
- Experience with and ability to utilize Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to input data in the computer
- Ability to read a ruler and understand measurements (able to pass a ruler test)
- Ability correctable to 20/20 (able to pass an eye test)
- Self-motivated with the ability to stay focused and follow instructions with determination to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work independently with attention to detail
- Assertive and solution/deadline-focused
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment
We are an EOE, and Drug-Free workplace. All finalist candidates will be required to pass certain pre-employment requirements.