System Support Analyst
SYSTEMTEC seeks a System Support Analyst for an On-Site (No remote) opportunity in Columbia, SC. Candidate should have comprehensive knowledge of relevant operating systems especially UNIX (Linux or Solaris or AIX), middleware technologies like Application Servers, programming languages, and their usage in the company
*** US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only. No Third Parties OR Sponsorships at this time***
Responsibilities of the System Support Analyst:
- Provide enhancement recommendations based on long-term IT organization strategy. Analyze new/revised processes/change requests from the maintainer. Collaborate with various internal groups and external vendors to ensure all specifications are met and problems are resolved as they arise.
- Participate in the development of custom integration solutions. Review and research issues reported from external/internal customers. Evaluate interrelationships in projects to determine how changes/installations of one program will affect others
- Participate in work sessions and walkthroughs for quality and production implementations, releases, data conversion projects and/or disaster recovery exercises. Attend implementation meetings to determine impact to system availability and assignment of team resources for these implementations.
- Work closely with team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Act as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor, and change agent. Answer questions and/or provide training for the Production Support team on current system.
- Perform installations, configuration, analysis, scheduling and tuning on complex projects. Ensure Production and Test environments are up and functioning properly. Perform corrective actions whenever possible to fix applications that are abnormal.
Requirements of the System Support Analyst:
- Technical exp with systems analysis, design, and/or programming Required 6 Years
- Technical exp with systems administration, including extensive exp with Unix/Linux administration, WebSphere application Required 6 Years
- Comprehension of data storage techniques, database philosophy, database management and complex programming techniques Required
- In-depth understanding of the requirements for maintaining production systems and the effects of program changes Required
- Comprehensive understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies Required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Required
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team. Required
- Full-Time Employment with SYSTEMTEC means a competitive salary + paid OT, PTO, holidays, health, dental, disability, and life coverage, 401K, tuition reimbursement and more.
Virtual/work from home? No. On-Site Only.
Skip the application process and contact the Recruiter today: Maggie Luz 803.806.8100 x140