To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Middletown, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
AK Steel • Middletown, OH
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
AK Steel’s Middletown operation has an immediate need for a hands-on and safety oriented Maintenance Shift Manager to join our team. The Maintenance Shift Manager will be responsible for supervising and provide work direction to our hourly union employees. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced work environment with complex operations. AK Steel is a recognized industry leader in providing high-quality flat-rolled steels to the automotive, appliance, manufacturing and other markets.
- Supervise and provide work direction for hourly bargaining unit employees.
- Assign manpower and equipment as necessary to repair and upgrade mill equipment.
- Participate and implement the safety program’s goals to ensure a safe work environment by conducting safety contacts, observations, meetings and audits.
- Assign manpower and equipment as necessary to repair and upgrade mill equipment via department resources.
- Identify basic problem(s), gather the appropriate information, and analyze in an effective manner.
- Make decisions with a clear business focus on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Working a rotating shift schedule
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience supervising maintenance employees in a heavy manufacturing environment is required.
- Experience working in union environment preferred.
- Strong knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems required.
- Must possess solid analytical skills with the ability to trouble shoot and solve problems.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with experience in maintenance and mobile equipment repair preferred.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office and basic computer applications.
Why Should You Apply?
- Challenging work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent Benefits including Tuition reimbursement and Bonus Program
- Outstanding growth and advancement opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.