Underwriting Assistant – Global Casualty
Provide superior policy servicing and underwriter support to the Global Casualty Underwriting Unit.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include are not limited to:
a. Communicate with customers to confirm or obtain data needed for issuance and servicing.
b. Work with Underwriters to obtain information in preparation for quoting, binding and continuous servicing
c. Facilitate electronic file set-up of new and renewal policies.
d. Identify forms and endorsements used in policy construction.
e. Complete premium registration including post bind transactions and ensure transactions are registered timely and accurately.
f. Maintain/exceed service standards in areas of production, service and support.
g. Conduct account inquiries in various management systems and work with other support departments within Chubb
h. Handle general correspondence and renewal letters.
i. Handle special projects as assigned.
D. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be proficient in MS Excel and, MS Word
• Commitment to quality and willingness to work in a team environment
• Must be able to function effectively and efficiently in a time sensitive environment
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- 2-3 years of prior commercial insurance underwriting support experience, preferably with expertise in Workers’ Compensation, General Liability and Auto Liability
- Knowledge of multiple commercial insurance lines of business a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of insurance terminology.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Proficient in the various Chubb systems is a plus
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
- Attention To Detail
- Management Systems
- Microsoft Excel