To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
201 Northeast Park Plaza Drive
Vancouver, WA 98684
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Region Finance Manager
First Student • Vancouver, WA
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
First Student is a leader in transportation of children K-12. As the largest provider of student transportation in North America, First Student is more than twice the size of the next largest competitor. Industry-leading safety programs, strong customer relationships and service record are the key differentiators.
We are currently looking for a Region Finance Manager to assist with our Northwest Region. The Region Finance Manager provides financial support to operations for an assigned geographic area. They protect and monitor company assets and analyze operating results. They also support regional management in contract analysis, forecasting, and budgeting. Assisting with the interpretation and implementation of the company’s accounting policies and procedures are a primary focus as well.
Region Finance Manager Responsibilities:
- Assists with location level audits of accounting transactions and procedures to ensure compliance with IFRS and company policies. Makes recommendations and ensures that corrective actions are taken.
- Trains and assists location personnel in the region’s accounting system procedures. Conducts training sessions to raise financial competency of location and other management as needed.
- Reviews and monitors fleet, including cascading, right sizing, and lost business transitions for the region. Review the capital request process.
- Reviews and analyzes fleet systems (i.e., auditing, accounting, and vehicle maintenance systems to make sure it represents the proper fleet figures), including performance of a periodic physical audit.
- Assists with the development of contract bids and rate calculations and ensures reasonableness of financial assumptions. Prepares financial models for contract analysis.
- Assists with the preparation of the month end close and financial reporting statements as needed.
- Prepares the yearly operating plan and monthly forecast for the region.
- Performs special projects and analysis, prepares various reports for operations and other management as necessary.
Region Finance Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- CPA, CMA, or MBA desirable
- 5+ years experience in accounting/finance
- Experience in financial modeling and accounting theory
- Excellent verbal communication skills with all levels of personnel
- Personal computer/software skills
- Competitive base salary based upon experience and qualifications
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.