To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bedford, IN 47421
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Chief Information Technology Officer
Hoosier Hills Credit Union • Bedford, IN
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Chief Information Officer develops, aligns and coordinates the implementation of the credit union's strategic technology, information and data initiatives to achieve strategic goals and deliver superior member service. Plans, organizes and coordinates all aspects of credit union's systems and technology including future innovations, system administration / operation, security and business continuity. With excellent verbal and written communication skills, keeps the credit union's leadership and Board informed of IT operations, industry trends and threats.
1. Take a leadership role in overall strategic planning for information, technology and data systems throughout the credit union, prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of systems across the organization.
2. Provide expertise in technology, infrastructure management, monitoring, data and cyber security, network communications and IT disaster recovery.
3. Provide credit union employees with top quality, consistently available computer service, support training and maintenance of all computer systems used throughout the credit union.
4. Responsible for oversight of procuring, installing and maintaining all computer hardware and software and all other products and supplies necessary to keep computer systems operable and to fulfill management's requests for computer support.
5. Act as liaison between hardware and software suppliers and credit union management for informational updates and problem resolution.
6. Create, maintain and enforce written policies and procedures regarding all computer and network operations throughout the credit union.
7. Evaluate new equipment, software and processes continuously, manage the technology budget, recommend changes as appropriate and supervise their implementation. Direct implementation and execution of upgrades/system releases via well-defined plans, deadlines and accountability.
8. Perform all functions of personnel management of department employees; department structuring, leadership, training and development.
9. Stay abreast of industry trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness, safety and compliance. Report significant changes to the executive team and Board as appropriate.
10. Maintain security of all data proprietary to the credit union and provide for the complete backup of all computer systems in case of system failure or disaster. Responsible for development and maintenance of credit union Disaster Recovery Plan.
11. Facilitates and supports annual IT audit; submits reports and data as requested, composes management responses, and works to resolve any audit findings.
1. Requires Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field.
2. Seven or more years of experience managing an information systems department in a medium or large-sized firm.
3. At least five years of experience in managing a large computer network required. Experience working with personal computers also required.
4. Experience working in a financial institution preferred.
5. Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills necessary for supervising staff and communicating with top management and serving as a representative of the Credit Union.
6. Works with minimal supervision, conferring with President/CEO on unusual matters.
7. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and projects.
8. Work requires knowledge of all Credit Union policies and procedures and all services and products. Knowledge of the Credit Union movement preferred.
9. Work requires extensive knowledge of computer systems and software.
10. Intensive fact-finding and investigation required to solve major, complex problems. Requires extensive creativity and resourcefulness.
11. Work requires advanced working knowledge of various PC software applications and the Internet.