To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Claremore, OK 74019
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
CF Industries • Claremore, OK
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
Department:AH22C1 Maintenance - I&E, Exempt
Function:Engineering and Engineering Services
Job Summary:The instrumentation and controls engineer is responsible for achieving world-class reliability for plant instrumentation and controls systems. This individual will provide technical leadership and support in the development and design of process instrumentation for all existing and new installations at the site. This individual will be responsible for preventive and predictive maintenance plan development for the site’s instrumentation and analyzer infrastructure.
This individual is expected to become a subject matter expert in troubleshooting instrumentation and analyzer issues and assist plant I/E technicians as part of a maintenance training initiative. The individual will be a member of the DCS team and will be required to cross train to the level required to be a member of the DCS callout rotation.
- Lead by example and coach safety to others; supporting plant safety initiatives
- Participate in developing training plans and their successful execution in all plant areas for the I/E technician team
- Develop PM and PdM programs for all of the instrumentation and analyzers in the plant using data from the current CMMS and process control network
- Be able to assist or lead I/E technicians in analyzing, troubleshooting and repairing of failed controls and instrumentation
- Troubleshoot plant control issues through tuning and implementation of basic and advanced control strategies.
- Effectively communicate with operations, plant engineers and maintenance using the knowledge of DCS configuration tools and instrumentation technology to effectively solve complex plant problems
- Actively develop and maintain good team relationships across the entire site
- Provide technical support in developing new flow, level, pressure, density, temperature, pH, conductivity, dissolved oxygen, silica, humidity, composition, environmental, and vibration measurement technologies for implementation in existing and new plant installations.
- Maintain/develop technical specifications and datasheets for existing/new instrumentation installations.
- Produce systems that function as designed originally, without redesign / rework of instrumentation installation.
- Support the tracking and reporting of production and plant performance metrics.
- Provide technical support in the development of SOP’s as related to control system operations, instrumentation, and analyzer maintenance.
- Lead or participate in incident investigations involving distributed control system, instrumentation and process analyzer failures. Ensure follow-up recommendations; corrective and preventive actions are implemented.
- Participate in scheduled HAZOP reviews
- Be available to work weekend/night duty as required for plant start-up support and critical time sensitive plant issues
- Play integral role in the development and implementation of DCS Risk Management, DCS Security Administration, DCS Security Event Response, DCS Asset Management, DCS Backup and Recovery and DCS Management of Change Procedures.
- Provide Project management of Distributed Control System related Capital Projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical or Computer/Electronics Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience.
- Minimum two years of instrumentation/controls experience in Refinery/Chemical environment.
- Strong technical knowledge in the fundamentals of controls engineering and controls systems
- Demonstrable competencies in Industrial Instrumentation, including Industrial Analyzers, Distributed Control Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers, and Safety Instrumented Systems.
- Proven DCS/PLC configuration experience. Hands-on experience with Yokogawa DCS and/or Allen Bradley PLC is a plus.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html.
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].