Heidrick & Struggles is a premier provider of executive search, leadership assessment and development, organization and team effectiveness, and culture shaping services globally. In our more than 60 year history, we have conducted some of the most high-profile C-suite and board-level searches in the world.
Today, we are working with our clients across 29 countries to help them accelerate their performance and respond with agility to new opportunities and challenges in every industry. We continue to raise the bar in serving our clients as trusted leadership advisors, and we are also providing an expanded range of data-driven, tech-enabled tools and platforms across our executive search and consulting businesses.
Managing top talent isn't just our business. It's our passion, and we are committed to investing in and developing the careers of our own people.
We look for people with experience from a variety of industries and diverse educational backgrounds who are passionate about partnering with innovative and influential organizations and share our commitment to our purpose - to help our clients change the world, one leadership team at a time.
If you're ready to start or grow your career with us, learn more about our available opportunities at our website.
Position Title: Director, IT, Business Relationship Manager
Reports to: Vice President, IT, Business Relationship Manager
As a critical member of the Information Technology team, this leader will serve as a strategic partner and primary liaison between IT and targeted business functions across the organization. The Director, IT, Business Relationship Management is closely aligned with the leadership team of their specified business line and operates as their spokesperson as they interact with the IT group to oversee all IT related matters and determine appropriate IT solutions to business problems.
The position is strategic with critical responsibility to develop a clear vision and direction for IT for the represented business line(s) and identify and deploy game-changing technology-driven solutions within the line(s) of business, focused on their needs, such as accelerating business, cost optimization, risk management, compliance, and other organizational outcomes. This individual will be a strong advocate for the business and its IT investment, a driver and supporter of Corporate and cross-business initiatives, and a good steward of our IT strategy, standards, and methodology. They will also work to assess current business capabilities, envision and influence future capabilities, be a change agent to drive technology-oriented business changes, support solution delivery and challenge ways of working to ensure genuine, tangible benefits.
The chosen candidate will facilitate all aspects of relationship management including designing the roadmap and setting budget for each aligned business area annually, delivery oversight, ownership and management of conflict resolution/ prevention, continuously initiating and influencing the forward vision of business areas and maintaining partnerships with product owners, lead partners and senior leaders.
* Works with the business to envision, document, and execute an IT strategy for the business line(s), incorporating game-changing technology-driven business solutions
* Builds effective relationships with key stakeholders of all business areas to develop a "joint" vision. Acts as a liaison with IT and/or outside vendors as appropriate in support of the systems. Works with appropriate resources to ensure the business needs have been met
* Manages and/or participate in the management of the IT service relationship with business systems executives, managers, and staff
* Works with business line(s) teams to establish and document current and future business processes; identify opportunities for business process reengineering within high-value areas of the business
* Consults with business line(s) management and consultants to develop understanding of the varied and complex current and future business needs supported by the systems. Responsible for determining how changing business needs will affect the systems. Understands the role of the system in the big picture and provides ideas and recommendations regarding the evolution of the systems
* Collaborates with business line(s) systems users and management to identify and document (high level) business requirements and functional specifications
* Responds to questions and influences the business users regarding current and potential system inputs, processes, and outputs
* Monitors project delivery providing support and user advocacy
* Ensures the business has the proper level of engagement and meets their commitments related to the successful delivery of solutions
* Participates in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices in order to strengthen value to the organization
* Positions the IT function as a driver of continuous improvement across the business. Seeking opportunities to apply IT knowledge, skills, products and services to improve business process and the end user experience
* Work with Technology teams to articulate technical requirements in order to take roadmap initiatives through the development lifecycle.
* (Business Case Development) Collaborate with business stakeholders and contribute to the business case process by analyzing business value, benefits, risks, and estimated costs
Qualifications & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in technology-related discipline (computer science, engineering, information systems, etc.) Master's degree (MBA or Technical) preferred
* Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive leadership experience within IT, specifically in application development and/or project management
* Strong background in Technology Strategy and Business Strategy; ideally gained from a top-tier consultancy firm
* Project Management certification and/or significant Project Management experience
* Certification in Agile software development methodology and/or significant experience with Agile methodologies
* Strong organizational skills with demonstrated success providing leadership in an unstructured environment with minimal day-to-day guidance
* Background and foundation in application development; must exhibit creativity and innovation in developing system solutions
* Experience with technical alternatives and basic knowledge of emerging technologies is highly desired
* Must have proven project management skills and knowledge of project management methodologies in order to effectively interact with project teams and ensure that projects are flowing through the pipeline with the result of on-time delivery
* Must be proactive in identifying and anticipating future business system's needs, and lead and guide the development of the Business' IT agenda
* Must have the ability to understand IT services and qualifying factors in order to understand how customer requirements will affect delivery
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are required in order to deal effectively with stakeholders, consultants and non-consultants, as well as IT management and staff
* "Boardroom presence" is essential as this director will be interacting with key Heidrick leadership teams
* Possess ability to influence people and thought processes without direct authority
* Strategic, yet tactical; must have the ability to think strategically and translate strategy to tactics
* Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
* Ability to operate in a fast moving and complex environment
* Strong comfort level with shifting priorities; must be able to quickly sort through competing demands to determine what needs attention now
* Comfortable fostering a collaborative and cross-functional team in a global environment
* Must have the ability and desire to help evolve and implement improved processes
* Open to travel
Personal Characteristics & Leadership Attributes
* Fosters a values-based culture; sets the tone from the top and demonstrates the highest level of integrity, authenticity, and transparency.
* Inspirational leader with a style that garners excitement and followership.
* Passionate about Heidrick & Struggles' purpose, mission, services, and products.
* Confident but humble; strong collaborator.
* Must be comfortable working solo in a matrix organization
* (Advocate) Lead and may champion change management activities for assigned business functions with frequent communications. Ensures IT is always aware of key business changes and issues. A team player, excellent collaborator, and leader
* Excellent communication skills; listening, speaking, writing.
* Demonstrates strong business acumen combined with creativity.
* Knowledge and experience of the business and its intricacies and an ability to communicate in business terms.
* Strategic thinker, yet pragmatic in how strategy needs to be turned into initiatives.
* Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and problems and quickly recommend and implement appropriate solutions.
* Demonstrates ability to take independent action and proceed beyond directive.
* Demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, innovation, and dependability
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Intellectually curious leader who is fascinated by the technology landscape
Heidrick & Struggles is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or citizenship status.
- Agile Methodology
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Processes
- Business Relationship Management
- Business Requirements