We're seeking a Maintenance Worker to join our facilities team. If you like carpentry, home repair projects, building things, and have skills in areas such as electrical repairs, drywall repairs, plumbing repairs, and fix-it projects, this could be the perfect job for you! We provide your truck and tools for this Monday – Friday position, with occasional on-call overtime each month. You will be responsible for maintaining about 20 facilities including residential group homes, administrative offices and special care facilities. Join our dynamic professional Facilities team, dedicated to keeping our buildings in top-shape condition.
Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. When you join Kerr, you become part of a team motivated to provide innovative and excellent programs, services and care.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform maintenance and construction tasks such as carpentry, home repairs, building things, electrical repairs, drywall repairs, plumbing repairs, various fix-it projects, and relocation/removal of various household goods and furniture in a safe manner.
- Provide a high level of customer service with respect to the needs of persons we serve, Kerr staff/management and Facilities co-workers.
- Seek out opportunities to maintain and build positive relationships with other Facilities team members by working with them, allowing them to work with you, encouraging them, helping them to build their skills and by demonstrating initiative and leadership on all tasks and projects.
- Plan and prioritize your daily work to be efficient and cost-effective in the use of purchased resources and the use of time spent by you and your co-workers.
- Quality workmanship is required, consistent with comfortable expectations for home living environments and administrative offices.
All Kerr employees are required to be fully vaccinated or meet the requirements for a medical or religious exception prior to beginning work.
- Paid medical, dental, and vision employee benefits
- Paid basic life & accident insurance and short- & long-term disability
- Paid internal training and career development
- 7 paid holidays and generous time off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that provides resources for everything from mental health to pet insurance and financial counselling
- Satisfies employment requirement for student loan Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF)
- One year experience in satisfactory performing assigned general maintenance tasks in an institutional or commercial environment.
- Craftsman level skills in maintenance activities, including; janitorial, maintenance, basic carpentry, mechanics, plumbing and assigned usual and customary custodial and maintenance tasks.
- Physical ability to perform essential tasks, including but not limited to: lifting 50 pounds repeatedly, some bending, pushing, pulling and climbing.
- Working knowledge of Smart Phone and electronic devices to retrieve and execute work orders.
- Good interpersonal skills and willingness to project a positive image to co-workers and individuals served.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet agency driving requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills