To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Redlands, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
TeamHealth • Redlands, CA
Posted 2 months ago
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
This position works with the Director of Finance to accurately report the financial results of the West Region operations. Primary responsibilities include: timely and accurate month end close process and reporting, creating and maintaining supporting schedules, financial statement review and analysis, and all components of hospital billing and accounts receivable. In addition, this position will support administrative payroll processing and clinician compensation calculations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare journal entries and supporting schedules
- Resolve financial issues through review of financial statements and related variance analysis
- Prepare monthly reports on budget vs actual results
- Organizes reports and related documents, maintaining proper version control
- Processes monthly invoices according to contract billing covenants; assists with collections as necessary
- Prepare local business tax returns
- Process accounts payable
- Supports physician compensation processing as required
- Assists with processing bi-weekly and monthly payrolls
- Kronos Timekeeping user support
- Interacts with Finance and Provider Compensation colleagues regarding general ledger issues and financial statement issues
- Loads data into planning system to support projection and budget cycles
- Troubleshoots data and conducts analysis using critical thinking and advanced problem solving skills
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Two - four years of experience in corporate or operational reporting/analysis or public accounting; proven skill accomplishments preparing and communicating models, trend analysis, operational metrics, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (ability to create and work with pivot tables, write formulas, chart customization, v-lookups, etc.)
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint (mail merge, presentations, etc.)
- Experience with Hyperion, Essbase or other planning/reporting software preferred
- Experience with HP/PR and timekeeping systems preferred (Lawson, Kronos, etc.)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and technical skills
- Impeccable attention to detail when following set instructions and reviewing reports for accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both orally and written)
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, professional demeanor
- Ability to work well with others, and work with minimal direction/supervision
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, prioritize work; handle stress and conflict
- Resourcefulness, ingenuity, strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tact and ability to handle confidential and personal information with discretion
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Job performed in a well-lit, modern office setting
- Occasional lifting (10 pounds or less)
- Prolonged sitting
- Prolonged work on a PC/computer
- Occasional or periodic travel (<20%)
- Periodic evening or weekend work when needed
- Moderate stress
This position may require manual dexterity and/or frequent use of the computer, telephone, 10-key, calculator, office machines (copier, scanner, fax) and/or the ability to perform repetitive motions and/or meet production standards to comply with the essential functions. Also, may require physical and/or mental stamina to work overtime, additional hours beyond a regular schedule and/or more than five days per week.
Cooperative, positive, courteous and professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with co-workers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.