WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Ranked 30th on Engineering News-Record’s 2018 Top 500 Design firm list, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is seeking a Roadway Project Manager to be a part of our Little Rock, AR Transportation Team. Ideal candidates will demonstrate expertise with design, modeling and plan production on ARDOT highway projects. The Roadway Project Manager will provide engineering design and oversight in the successful delivery of transportation and public works projects throughout Arkansas as well as leading and mentoring project teams in design and plan preparation for roadway, highway, and freeway projects for ARDOT, municipalities, and counties. Experience will include:
- Leading plan production for highway design projects
- Managing four to six direct reports
- Reviewing the work of other professionals, including QA/QC of plans and specifications, mentoring, training and growing staff in the performance of job duties
- Having a broad understanding of roadway design, including roadway elements, hydrology and hydraulics as well as related experience with structures and traffic-related items
- Working with a team of engineers and planners to develop strategies and teaming arrangements to pursue projects
- Minimum professional requirements include:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Arkansas
- 6-8 years of experience working on roadway design projects
- Demonstrated success in the delivery of transportation projects and programs
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified, and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Engineering Design Process
Product Quality Assurance