SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of software technology in the financial services industry – technology that complements our unrivaled expertise and professionalism in fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one of America’s best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 20,000 employees and 15,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
This role will be located in our office at 4 Times Square in New York City.
SS&C seeks a high-energy executive to drive the talent acquisition strategy and practice that supports SS&C’s differentiation in the North American market. The Director of Talent Acquisition will report to the global head of Human Resources and lead a North American team with ownership of setting a compelling recruiting strategy, operating model and financial plan in an invigorating, fast-paced environment. This individual must have an unwavering focus on client satisfaction, sophisticated leadership abilities, a high achievement drive, a passion for talent, and a desire to build exceptional people-oriented solutions to support the company’s #1 position in the market.
As a strategic and operationally-minded executive, the Director of Talent Acquisition will oversee a team of talent acquisition professionals across the United States and Canada. The talent acquisition leadership team consists of five Managers across North America in addition to their teams. S/he will cultivate this team to leverage abilities and maximize potential while recruiting/training additional talent as needed.
This leader will hold to high standards for talent management practices and ensure people possess the skillsets, cultural fit and the passion to deliver quality work and results for the business. The Director of Talent Acquisition will be a combination of the following:
Understand, contribute to and support the overall evolution of SS&C as a business. Embrace the critical drivers of SS&C, its commitment to the shareholders, its people, and how SS&C markets itself in the community.
- Become thoroughly knowledgeable around SS&C’s P&L, budget, forecasts and the intersection of the HR value proposition with the financial position of the company.
- Ensure alignment to Vision, Purpose, and Values and the evolution of the culture of the entire company.
Business Unit Partner
Establish a working relationship based on personal trust, commitment, and responsiveness with the Business and Function Unit Leaders.
- Understand each business strategy and articulate how the talent acquisition team will support the strategy.
- Balance the needs of each business unit and discover synergies across business units to unlock hidden leverage/value in recruiting/sourcing practices.
Talent Leader - Utilize deep and broad recruiting practice experience to evolve a recruiting team across the following critical domains:
Strategy – Lead the strategic direction of recruiting in alignment with long-term business and workforce plans, factoring in market challenges and risks.
- Best Practices – Effectively apply a unique set of recruiting tactics to a broad array of workforce and talent needs.
- Operations – Ensure the recruiting process is adopted by the organization through communication, partnership and training. Continuously evaluate processes and utilize sound metrics to drive improvement.
- Talent Stewardship – Lead the organizational focus on people, helping to instill a mindset around recruiting, sourcing and hiring top talent for the organization.
Specific Responsibilities Will Include:
Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to develop and deliver effective talent strategies that align with business objectives, drive superior results and strengthen SS&C’s talent base.
- Ensure the Talent Acquisition team consistently executes on all stages of the talent acquisition process through effective training, process improvement and measurement.
- Manage effective talent acquisition processes and workflows that strengthen the company’s ability to quickly and effectively attract, assess, select, hire and onboard talent.
- Partner with business leaders on establishing the appropriate recruiting practices in emerging markets.
- Provide leadership, guidance and professional development to the Talent Acquisition team with a strong focus of being consultative and strategic to the business, while raising the bar of recruiting performance.
- Create a proactive talent acquisition strategy utilizing social media, externally focused networking and diversity initiatives to meet business initiatives and growth strategies.
- Incorporate SS&C’s employment brand while developing a value proposition and integrating into the recruiting and onboarding experience.
- Lead the collection, analysis, and reporting of KPIs (time to fill, applicant flow data, attrition, cost per hire, etc.) for process improvement and performance management.
- Partner with the HRIS team on the delivery and management of the Talent Acquisition technology platform strategy (i.e., ATS) to ensure full optimization, utilization, enhancements, etc.
- Enhance and conduct interview training and coaching for hiring managers and interviewers; partner with Talent Management team on utilization of assessments as part of hiring process.
- Educate stakeholders and promote Talent Acquisition policies on topics such as agency use, job posting requirements, Affirmative Action and social recruiting.
- Ensure legal compliance with regard to all talent acquisition initiatives and Affirmative Action planning.
Without question, this position represents the opportunity to make a significant impact in the continued success of a dynamic, growth-oriented organization dedicated to high-performing clients around the world.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A bachelor’s degree is required, while an advanced degree is preferred. Certification is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience leading recruiting teams/practices; professional services industry a plus.
- Exceptional knowledge of recruiting best practices, sourcing techniques and solutions, lifecycle methodologies, and related systems administration.
- Exceptional executive and leadership presence with the ability to forge cross-functional partnerships. Must have demonstrated outstanding leadership and change management skills.
- A demonstrated track record of developing and hiring talent, and experience managing a significant team and budget.
- Client relationship skills including the ability to manage client expectations; proactively recognize client needs and adapt quickly.
- Personal buy-in to SS&C’s cultural values.
- Operational strength evidenced through consistent execution, agility and decisiveness.
- Strong proclivity for and demonstration of analytics/metrics.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
Compensation will consist of a competitive base salary, thorough employee benefits plan, discretionary annual bonus, and stock options. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.