Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include the following:
- Provide high level of customer service to dealership management and employees
- Assists with the Application process for all new hires
- Orders Pre-employment screens
- Verifies that all pre-employment requirements (Requisitions, Backgrounds, Reference checks) have been completed according to company guidelines
- Prepares Employment Offer Paperwork
- Verifies Negative Drug Screen result and schedules candidates for orientation
- Initiates hire in HRIS system utilizing the correct Requisition/Job Profile
- Communicates with dealership management regarding the status of new hires
- Completes all HRIS system action items related to the Hire of new employees
- Communicates with New Hires regarding the HRIS system onboarding process
- Prepares materials for weekly Orientation
- Assists with weekly Orientation process
- May conduct Orientation
- Prepare, maintain, and file Personnel files and other employment records
- Assists with completing other HRIS system action items as needed
- Performs other administrative duties to support HR/Payroll function as assigned
- Compiles payroll data such as hours worked, sales or piecework from time sheets and other records
- Computes wages and deductions and posts to payroll records
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll
- Records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records
- Records data concerning transfer of employees between departments
- Maintains an organized, clean and safe work area
- Participates in required training
- Records all hours worked accurately in company timekeeping system
- Follows Safeguards rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates the Company’s Core Values
- Complies with Company policies and procedures
- Observes all Federal, State, Local and Company safety rules and regulations in the performance of duties.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with medical conditions to perform the essential functions.
o High School Diploma
√ Associate Degree
o Bachelor Degree
o Master Degree
o Doctorate Degree
Field of Study:
√ Human Resources
o Information Technology
Desired Work Experience:
√ up to 3 years
o 3-5 years
o 5+ years
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous Human Resources and/or Payroll experience in a high volume environment desired. Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills required.
Certificates and Licenses:
o Valid Driver’s License
o Automobile Salesperson License
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Products. Ability to learn and utilize the Company HRIS System.
Ability to understand and follow instructions. Ability to communicate effectively with employees and company
The position requires regular and predictable attendance. Scheduled shifts may include evening hours, weekends, and some holidays.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
Duties are performed primarily at a desk in an office setting. Work includes frequent clerical and administrative responsibilities and interaction with managers and employees.
Verbal and Writing Ability:
Ability to receive and communicate with customers courteously, efficiently, and professionally. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following Core Values:
Servant Leaders consciously put the needs of others before their own, because to serve people is to value them.
Teamwork through Trust & Respect
Diversity is strength, and when we trust and respect one another we can work as a team to achieve at a high level.
Being honest and transparent with people, in an effort to do the right thing within the letter and spirit of the law, drives every action we take and every decision we make.
Commitment to Customer Enthusiasm
Every day we recommit ourselves to the customer experience, and we are empowered to exceed the expectations of our customers.
Passion for Winning
Hendrick’s tradition of winning is based on the idea of striving to be the best, not the biggest, and is therefore defined by how we treat our people.
Accountability at All Levels
Taking ownership of our actions and our decisions allows us to grow as individuals, and support each other as a team.
Commitment to Continuous Improvement
Every day we soften our hearts as well as our egos, in order to seek out and improve upon areas of opportunity within ourselves and our team.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties and responsibilities upon the request of a supervisor. This job description is subject to revision at the discretion of the company.