To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Austin, TX
- Berenice Medrano
- Phone: 7133963664
- Phone:: 1 713-568-7201
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Michael Page • Austin, TX
Posted 2 months ago
The Real Estate Staff Accountant will be primarily responsible for assisting the accounting team with daily, monthly and annual corporate and property management accounting responsibilities, including, but not limited to, the following areas. These responsibilities may be expanded or modified at the discretion of the Company.
My client is a highly reputable Commercial Real Estate firm based in Austin. They focus primarily on retail assets however have a substantial portfolio and various projects in the pipeline.
- Review all invoices in the accounts payable software for accurate coding; batch and upload invoices into the accounting system
- Process corporate accounts payable, property bill backs, corporate credit card, cash receipts and other corporate accounting functions as needed
- Address invoice and payment issues with vendors
- Copy and mail vendor payments on a weekly basis
- Roll rent, and prepare and distribute monthly tenant statements, including late fee statements, working with Property Manager for approval of all charges and late fees
- Record tenant bill back charges
- Log checks received and prepare deposits on a daily basis
- Enter cash receipts, ensuring payment plans are adhered to, and provide copies of receipts to Property Manager
- Address billing questions and concerns with tenants and Property Manager
- Run and reconcile reports for monthly financial reporting packages
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Post annual reconciliation charges to tenant accounts and mail invoices to tenants
The successful Real Estate Accountant will have the following:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 1-2 years of experience in a progressively challenging role in commercial real estate accounting
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines
- Ability to work independently with a team-player attitude
- Skyline, Yardi or similar property management software
- Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel
In return, a competitive salary, benefits along with the opportunity to work alongside a fantastic team and great firm are on the table for the Real Estate Staff Accountant.