To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
620 Skyline Drive
Jackson, TN 38301
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Dialysis Hospital Services Patient Care Tech (PCT)
Dialysis Clinic, Inc., (DCI) • Jackson, TN
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Founded in 1971, Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (DCI) remains the nation’s largest non-profit dialysis provider. With a team of approximately 5,000 talented and caring employees serving across the United States, DCI provides care to nearly 15,000 patients on dialysis and 3,500 patients with chronic kidney disease. We offer a variety of services including in-center hemodialysis, home hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis (PD). Each position within DCI, from billers to administrators to nursing staff, contributes toward the goal of providing excellent patient care. Our staff has helped DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row.
Must be a Certified Patient Care Technician, (CCHT) Under the direction of licensed personnel, implements, monitors, and documents patient care based on established criteria.
This position is full-time, 4 days/week, and will work with our Hospital Services program.
- Supports and works with Clinical Supervisor, Technical Supervisor, Assistant Clinical Supervisor, Charge Nurse and Registered Nurses in commitment to good nursing care of patients with End Stage Renal Disease.
- Maintains professional working relationship with patients and delivers pleasant, tactful and supportive attitude and impartial treatment for all patients, observing patient rights at all times.
- Is meticulous in documenting patient information and data in record, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Determines patient care priorities and organizes work load efficiently and effectively.
- Can verbalize and understand terminology related to dialysis and the dialysis patient.
- Delivers prescribed dialysis treatment according to physician orders and nursing assessment.
- Obtains and records patient vital signs and machine readings according to facility policies.
- Sets up and tears down the dialysis blood system.
- Monitors and assesses patients during the course of treatment, documents changes in the patient condition and other pertinent data and informs charge nurse. Is able to recognize and communicate problems during treatment to charge nurse.
- Inserts needles for access of dialysis treatment and documents.
- Calculates patient’s weight loss to reach dry weight.
- Along with other team members, provides for meeting the emotional needs of the patient and significant others as they are confronted with the psychological impact of chronic hemodialysis. With the primary nurse, encourages development of realistic attitude and goals through the understanding of renal disease.
- Relays equipment malfunctions to Technical Supervisor and records all equipment malfunctions.
- Operates and maintains the water treatment system.
- Handles Inventory.
- Performs laboratory work.
- Desired minimum education is a high school diploma.
- At least 6 months of Hemodialysis experience preferred.
- Previous Healthcare experience required.
- Pay corresponding to work environment.
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at Accommodations@dciinc.org or 615-327-3061. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see: