Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for daily cleaning of the facility according to JCAHO, Federal and State Regulations, Acadia Greenleaf’s Mission, CPR and CPI standards and under the frequent supervision of the Facility Director
- Responsible for the daily cleaning of the facility as instructed, including, but not limited to: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, polishing of fixtures, cleaning carpets and cleaning bathrooms.
- Check cleaning cart daily to determine inventory of supplies.
- Check linen supply daily to determine inventory of supplies.
- Prepare rooms for incoming admissions.
- Make beds and prepare new linens as required.
- Maintain log of supplies needed and request purchase of supplies when indicated.
- Complete all tasks as assigned by Supervisor and Administrator.
- Set up for scheduled meetings as indicated by meeting schedule.
- Communicate with Director of Facilities Management on a daily basis.
- Communicate with staff daily to ensure proper care for special need patients.
- Develop and maintain a positive work climate and support the overall mission of PGH.
- Respect the dignity and confidentiality of patients.
- Participate in department in-service/training programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Vacuum cleaner, mop, bucket, cleaning cart, other equipment as necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One (1) year experience in housekeeping services preferred.
- Good understanding of equipment utilized in cleaning a healthcare facility preferred.
Working Condition/Physical Requirements
- Able to tolerate gradient levels of standing, walking, stooping and lifting 30 lbs.
- Tolerance to stressful situations and various conditions unpleasant to the sense of sight, touch and smell.
- Ability to adjust to increased workloads
See the next step in your career
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: f15a3032e6bf42b1863607d7710630df
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.