Under the general supervision of the Chief Mechanic and Mechanic, assists with the repair of City vehicles/equipment and maintenance of other various small engines for the Fleet Maintenance Division.
Work Hours:20 hours a week
* Assists with troubleshooting malfunctions on various equipment and performs repairs.
* Assists with preventive maintenance on engines, hydraulic systems, on and off-road mobile equipment, and stationary equipment.
* Assists with major repair of A/C systems.
* Learns to use company computer to issue parts and update comments on work orders/tasks.
* Properly disposes of empty contaminated debris containers, aerosol cans, and plastic bottles for recycling.
* Assists with general clean up to maintain a clean work area which could include using the pressure washer, as needed.
* Helps keep work areas neat and organized to promote positive image.
* Assists in receiving parts and inventory audits performed in the parts room.
* Complies with all safety rules, procedures, and duties.
* Performs other related work as required or assigned.
Must be a full-time student enrolled in a technical school, trade school, or in high school, in good academic standing, on an automotive mechanic track.
Work experience in automotive repair preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Knowledge of general automotive repair.
* Ability to perform minor repairs and routine tasks efficiently, correctly, and safely.
* Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
* Ability to follow instructions, safety practices and standard operating procedures in performing assigned tasks.
* Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly.
* Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
* Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to use reasoning skills to solve problems.
* Ability to work with others effectively in a team environment.
* Ability to use technology effectively.
* Skill in basic engine tune up.
* Skill in tire repair and tire equipment.
* Skill in preventive maintenance.
* Familiarity with safety practices and procedures.
* Skill in cleaning and replacing auto parts and components.
* High observation and listening kills.
* Must be at least 17 years old.
* Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test, physical and functional capacity test.
* Must possess a valid State of Texas Drivers License Class "C" and good driving record as defined by City policy.
- Automotive Industry
- Follow Instructions
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Preventive Maintenance