Under direct supervision, the Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Living Options monitors and oversees the general health, medical issues, personal care and well-being of residents living in the residential facility. Delivers nursing care to residents as appropriate within the scope of the program
1.Delivers nursing care to residents within the scope of the residential program. Examines and evaluates residents who are ill, injured, or whose medical equipment is malfunctioning. Reports findings and safety concerns and makes recommendations to the Residential Administrator and Registered Nurse. Assists with emergency responses within assigned authority.
2. Assists in the administration and monitoring of medications, which may include suppositories.
3. Provides personal care for residents which may include assistance with eating, personal hygiene, showering, restroom assistance, and preparing for bedtime. Assists and/or prepares meals in compliance with dietary restrictions; assists individuals to eat, including those who may require assistance with G-tube feeding.
4. Assists in care and cleaning of residential home, which includes laundering & ironing of residents’ clothing.
5. Completes all necessary reports and documentation on a daily basis.
6. Evaluates staff training needs within realm of expertise and conducts necessary training.
7. Transports individuals to health care appointments and other various locations.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1. Must possess a valid Licensed Vocational Nurse Certification/Degree.
- 2. At least one year of experience as a Licensed Vocational Nurse –or- prior experience working at a residential home.
- 3. Must have and maintain a valid CPR, CPI, and First Aid Certification.
- 4. DSP I and II certifications required upon hire –or- within one year of beginning employment, depending upon contractual requirements of the residential home.
- 5. Ability to read, interpret and implement policies, procedures and regulations.
- 6. Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communications with all levels of associates and the general public.
- 7. Must maintain a high degree of professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
- 8. Ability to exercise discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- 9. Ability to provide assistance with personal care to residents and to transfer an individual who has no weight bearing skills. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively. Ability to walk, stand, stoop, and kneel for extended periods of time. Ability to push/pull wheelchairs on a variety of terrain.
- 10. Ability to pass a post-offer physical examination and a TB test.
- 11. Ability to obtain and maintain a criminal record/fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation per Easterseals Southern California and/or program requirements.
Licensed Vocational Nurses
Registered Nurse Certified