How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Senior Maintenance Mechanic will maintain and repair mechanical and electrical equipment and systems to include but not be limited to: pumps, motors, lamp ballasts, lamping, light to medium carpentry work, commercial door repairs, automatic door operators, light to medium sheetrock repairs, general plumbing repairs of valves, piping, and pneumatic control air systems and compressors. Will complete journeyman to master level work and will serve as a resource and educator to other Maintenance Mechanics. Assists lead mechanic in overseeing the operation and repair of building mechanical systems. Position also performs preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and systems. In addition, Senior Mechanic will complete tasks related to Line Safety PMs, SOC Drawings, above ceiling programs, maintain tube stations, power plant operations, medical gas, medical vacuum, elevators, emergency generators, fire alarm systems, nurse call system, TVs, overhead paging, and construction and renovation projects.
Required Minimum Education
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Certification/license or formal education in one or more of the following: HVAC, Plumbing and/or Electrical
Required Minimum Experience
- Five (5+) years’ experience in general mechanical maintenance and repairs.
Required Minimum Skills
- Candidate will have extensive knowledge in electrical, plumbing, HVAC, HVAC controls, TV, nurse call, tube system, medical air, automatic and manual doors, including subject matter expertise in at least one of these areas. Some knowledge of Joint Commission areas
- Candidate should have verifiable experience in trouble shooting and repair of pumps, motors, pneumatic control air systems, plumbing repairs, commercial door repair and installation and automatic door operator repairs
- In addition, candidate must have some experience in carpentry and sheet rock work and repairs. The candidate must have extensive knowledge of use of power tools, hand tools and diagnostic equipment related to the disciplines above
- Candidate must be able to read and follow blueprints, has an understanding of NFPA and Life Safety Codes applicable in a health care environment, and be computer literate.