How this role creates value: the job
- Manages all sales efforts, creating value for our customers by ensuring the highest levels of customer engagement through innovative, high quality products and collaboration.
- Guides, coaches and motivates sales representatives to deliver accountability and performance.
- Fosters a culture and environment that makes their region a destination for top performers.
- Set sales objectives and marshals the necessary resources to achieve them. These resources may include educational programs, product development initiatives, sales strategies and most importantly, a trained, organized salesforce.
- Guides, leads or participates in selling complex solutions to HCPs and hospital administrators.
- Accurately forecasts sales trends and commitments.
- Manages a profitable, cost-conscious business, including DII, inventory, DSO, T&E, pricing, and contracts.
- Executes territory allocation, develops market-based quotas, participates in the design of motivating compensation plans and manages to them.
- Conducts win/loss analyses to understand key drivers and communicates these concisely and regularly to product, marketing and executive management.
What we’re looking for: qualifications and experiences
- Proven track record of achievement in sales with above quota performance
- Strong financial acumen with a robust focus on return-on-investment, when planning, communicating and executing on strategic priorities and implementing decisions
- Demonstrated success in fostering productive cross-departmental and cross-divisional work and relationships
- Competency of selling complex solutions and in analyzing and planning around complex business situations
- Proven ability to champion and facilitate development of breakthrough solutions
- Demonstrated evidence of building understanding and engagement with business strategy
- Strong commitment to compliance, integrity, inclusion and respect
- Prepared to travel up to 50% (including some weekends)
- Understands the complex healthcare environment (IDNs, GPOs, etc.)
- Proven track record of achievement in sales with at least 8+ years of sales experience and/or strategic sales experience in business to business sales
- Bachelors degree required
- Proven success in fostering a culture that makes your team a destination for top performers and a highly-engaged salesforce
If candidate has management experience:
- Established record of selecting, engaging and developing top talent.
If candidate does not have management experience:
- Participated in selection process and informed hiring decision, mentored new talent (ASR or SR), contributed to making improvements to team’s engagement.
Work From Home: Yes
Travel Percentage: 70%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Business To Business